Best Superheros Movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
With the release of IM2 this weekend, it seems like a good time to take a look at the best in superheroes driven films (just superheroes not all comic books adaptations).
This is my individual opinion based on the many films of this genre I have seen throughout my lifetime.
Let start the argu...

10. Spider Man 2 (2002), Sam Raimi
9. X-Men (200), Bryan Synger
8. Hellboy (2004), Guillermo Del Toro
7. Watchmen (2009), Zack Snyder
6. X-Men 2 (2003), Bryan Synger
5. Batman Returns (1992), Tim Burton
4. The Incredibles (2004), Brad Bird
3. Batman Begins (2005), C. Nolan
2. The Dark knight (2008), C. Nolan
1. Superman (1978), Richard Donner - Just won by sentimental vote, :)

That's it, your turn.

1.) The Dark Knight- The dark, deep and intelligent story propelled by Heath Ledger as the Joker make it the best Superhero film to date.

2.) Kick Ass- The fact that it can successfully make fun of every superhero and still tell a great hero story makes this a given.

3.) V for Vendetta- A film that is largely forgotten in the hero/comic book world. Weaving and Portman make this movie great.

4.) Batman Begins- The first Batman film to actually take itself seriously. A origin story that actually has replay value.

5.) Iron Man- Robert Downey Jr? Jeff Bridges? I'm sold.

6.) Superman Returns- An updated draft of the Donner Superman. Good acting and likable characters make it a pretty decent film.

7.) Hulk- Ang Lee literally brought the comic to life. For its time the CGI was incredible, and Eric Bana will always be the "real" Incredible Hulk.

8.) Superman- It's outdated, but still enjoyable. It really did start the superhero film genre as we know it.

9.) Watchmen- Snyder did a great job of bringing the "unfilmable book" to the big screen. The only downside is that the home release clocks in at over 3 hours long.

10.) Iron Man 2- It's a straight up superhero action movie. It brings up some issues that could create complexity, but does not explore them. We didn't need another "The Dark Knight" with this film, just a solid action film that leads us to "The Avengers" in the not to distant future.

I imagine that "The Green Lantern", "Captain America: First Avenger", "The Avengers", and "Batman 3" will all end up making this list. "Thor" might as well.

Currently.

10. Iron Man (2008) - Better than I expected, RDJr is great as Tony Stark, Jeff Bridges rocks. It's cool to hear Black Sabbath's Ironman in the movie. The ending was a surprise.
9. Hellboy (2004) - I never read Hellboy, but after seeing the movie, I know why lot of people liked him. The universe is interesting (kinda reminds me of MIB) but Del Toro delivery more than just costume and make up, the story and the shots was great.
8. Spiderman 2 (2004) - I remember my first year in college, debating with my best friend whether Harry Osborn gonna find out who Spiderman really is or not? :lol: Definitely the best in Raimi's Spidey movies, the burden of the superhero was played well here. Tobey always fits as Peter Parker, but I never felt that with Dunst. Alfred Molina played his part really good.
7. X2 (X-Men United) - Before the new Batman franchise, this movie was my fave. superhero movies. The cast was amazing, the story expands really well. The cast was okay, but Hugh Jackman stole the show. The effect are great, especially in the opening sequences.
6. Batman (1989) - Jack Nicholson was doing a great job (even though looks like he was playing himself), Keaton was good, Kim Bassinger is a suprise (I never thought she was in a Batman movie). The story not as good as Nolan's Batman. I like the tone and set design. But overall, it's a good Batman movie.
5. Superman (1976) - Never big fan of Superman, but I acknowledged the efforts of Richard Donner. Chris Reeves definitely great, as does Gene Hackman (channeling Jimmy Doyle there but more extreme). The effect was considered great for those times.
4. Batman Returns (1992) - The mood of this movie is just creepy, and I actually liked it. I remember when I watched it as kid, lot of my friends freak out. Christopher Walken and Danny DeVito was great but Michelle Pfeiffer stole the show. Keaton gave better perfomances from the previous one. The gothic tone really suits Burton's Batman nicely.
3. Watchmen (2009) - This movie is really faithful to the graphic novel. When I heard that Watchmen is gonna get its own movie, I read the graphic novel and when I saw the movie, it doesn't dissapoint me. I like what Zack did to the ending, worked better in film logic. The cast was nice, Jackie Earle Haley stole the show.
2. Batman Begins (2005) - The best origin of superhero in film medium, I like how the story of Bruce Wayne told by Nolan. The little twist is nice, Liam Neeson's performance always awesome (even in some of his bad movies). Gary Oldman, Cillian Murphy, Michael Caine all doing a great job. Katie Holmes was okay, compare to other cast. The third act is kinda downturn though, maybe Nolan still learning how to do actions (his films mainly was about the story) so it doesn't really matter for me.
1. The Dark Knight (2008) - I was expecting another Batman Begins, but I got more. Somehow this movie had that The Godfather (which is one of my faves) aura. The cast was magnificient, especially Heath Ledger and Gary Oldman (he was so good as Gordon). The soundtrack was addictive. The film itself is replayable. I like what Nolan did with the franchise.

Ill only make it a top 5, of the very best once.

5. X2
4. V for Vendetta
3. Batman Begins
2. Watchmen
1. The Dark Knight

1. The Dark Knight (do I even have to say it :lol: ?
2. X2: X-Men United
3. Batman Begins
4. Iron Man
5. Batman Forever
6. The Incredible Hulk
7. Iron Man 2
8. Ultimate Avengers (animated feature) a great way to the Avengers arc
9. The Hulk - A great point of view of the Hulk's origin :thumbup:
10. X-Men

I guess we're talking about comic book superheroes, I was about to add The Incredibles to my list :lol:

1 - The Dark Knight
2 - Superman
3 - Spider-Man 2
4 - Batman Begins
5 - The Rocketeer

I have a big flaw: I haven't seen X-Men 2 yet, but I know it's really acclaimed by viewers and critics, too, so I have to see it. My list at the time is:

1. The Dark Knight
2. Batman Begins
3. Spider-Man 2
4. Unbreakable (if we talk about movie superheroes, and not just comic book superheroes)
5. Watchmen
6. X-Men
7. Spider-Man

Well, that's it :)

I don't really like superhero movies, except for Batman. It's not a Nolan thing, because I also love the Tim Burton movies. It's just the style of Batman that I like, which I do not like for Superman, X-men, Spider-Man and so on...

1. Unbreakable
2. The Dark Knight
3. Batman Begins
4. Hancock
5. Batman
6. Batman Returns
7. Iron Man
8. Spider-Man
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

[quote="Eternalist"]I guess we're talking about comic book superheroes, I was about to add The Incredibles to my list :lol:

I added The Incredibles to my list. :D

1. The Dark Knight
2. Unbreakable
3. Batman Begins
4. Spiderman 2
5. Kick-Ass
6. The Crow
7. Hellboy
8. Batman Forever
9. Watchmen
10. V For Vendetta