Assassin's Creed (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
They've gone full on Dan Brown

antovolk wrote:They've gone full on Dan Brown
It's really hard not to when you're making an Assassin's Creed movie, which centers on the confrontation of two secret societies.

Lord Shade wrote:
It's really hard not to when you're making an Assassin's Creed movie, which centers on the confrontation of two secret societies.
You seen it yet?

prowlercomesaround wrote:
Lord Shade wrote:
You seen it yet?
No, still waiting for my screening. Unfortunately, they've delayed the release date in my country.

Can we just accept that video games don't translate well to film and move on?

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
There is a great movie somewhere in this but they focused on the wrong areas. They should have given the characters more depth and actually taken the time to explore the philosophical implications of the story. 6/10

spoiler: he liked it. And he liked Warcraft too.

Assassin's Creed

I don't mean to pull an m4, and maybe this is just cuz I used to be a big AC fan, but ... this movie ROCKS!

Could have done with less shaky cam, performances are serviceable, and the first act could have used some trimming to make way for other stuff. The game series' "lore" translates nicely, though I also could have done with a better "story" to the Spain parts.

BUT IT'S SO MUCH FUN! The action is exhilarating, perhaps some of the best this year after Civil War. It's B-movie tripe and the filmmakers seem pretty confident about it.

better than Rogue One/10

I want a trilogy