Assassin's Creed (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Lord Shade wrote:An excellent artistic film and immersive experience

Unfortunately, as many have noticed, the script really leaves much to be desired.

Although, I admit, there are some disadvantages in the movie.

In some places, it lacks logic, but it's still a sci-fi film, and something can be forgiven.

But the main drawback is the run-time, and the consequent rush.

Unfortunately, it feels kind of confusion when the events occurring on screen, the characters move too quickly from location to location, the characters do not all have time to open up, even though the actors are trying as hard as they can.

I liked this movie.

10/10
Lord Shade wrote:10/10

RIFA wrote:
Lord Shade wrote:An excellent artistic film and immersive experience

Unfortunately, as many have noticed, the script really leaves much to be desired.

Although, I admit, there are some disadvantages in the movie.

In some places, it lacks logic, but it's still a sci-fi film, and something can be forgiven.

But the main drawback is the run-time, and the consequent rush.

Unfortunately, it feels kind of confusion when the events occurring on screen, the characters move too quickly from location to location, the characters do not all have time to open up, even though the actors are trying as hard as they can.

I liked this movie.

10/10
Lord Shade wrote:10/10
Lmao

OK, the rating might be my personal one, obviously. Im feeling like I'd better not include it here, but try to separate it from everything else.

Lord Shade wrote:Glad that the film was completely "snubbed" by the Razzies, lol. Shows that they've included it in those short-list just to gain more attention in the first place.

And, good news: Blu-Ray edition is rated R!

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Assassins ... ay/170657/
:thumbup: YASS. I need this.
Finally got the Into the Animus art book and it's freaking gorgeous. Why didn't Fox/Ubisoft release those pictures of Maria/Ariane last year!? :evil: I still haven't read the novelization book yet but I hope they've delved more into the Ojeda character and the modern assassins.

@LordShade, do you remember if they filmed at Pinewoods for the reshoots cos I was looking back at old featurettes and it showed a behind the scenes shot of
Brendan Gleeson destroying something in the Animus room so his role was changed significantly.
Also the Nathan character and an unknown female assassin are featured on the roof for the final scene in a pre-VFX shot.
I wonder how much they've changed from the original cut :( .

I just remembered I remember almost nothing from this

also there was zero humor

dropping my score lol I got too excited

Literally, the only scene that got me pumped was the last shot, which I was lucky enough to even be awake for since I slept through like 20 minutes of the movie. The rest of the movie is a soulless mess.

Frank-Jon wrote:@LordShade, do you remember if they filmed at Pinewoods for the reshoots cos I was looking back at old featurettes and it showed a behind the scenes shot of
Brendan Gleeson destroying something in the Animus room so his role was changed significantly.
Also the Nathan character and an unknown female assassin are featured on the roof for the final scene in a pre-VFX shot.
I wonder how much they've changed from the original cut :( .
No, sorry, I don't know if there were any reshoots at Pinewood studios. I remember there were additional photography in London last summer, that's all.

But I was very confused by some of the BTS photos, including this pre-VFX ones, as well. I don't exclude that the script could have been changed during the proccess of shooting. Marion Cotillard was saying that they also wanted to change her character, but she prevented this from happening by calling Kurzel. With other changes, I guess, Kurzel decided differently, and approved them. Seems this way.

I wonder what script they could've had originally and how good or bad it was comparing to the final version.

I hope we'll get the deleted scenes on Blu-Ray/DVD with the movie at least separately from the movie amongst the bonus features, if they won't decide to go with Director's Cut or Extended Cut or something.
Of course, most likely, there won't be the shots like you've described with Gleeson, because he was already killed in the relaxing room for wasted people at Abstergo, so he couldn't go to the room with Animus and do something with the machine. I think they've changed this part with Animus blowing up from the surge caused by the intense Cal's regression. It's unlikely that he could find the way into this restricted area before that to ruin the Animus's machinery, because he was still secured.

Cilogy wrote:also there was zero humor
Actually there was at least one, very Nolan-alike, joke from Sofia, when she says to traumatized Cal after his unfortunate regression that he was lucky not to have his nervous system teared apart by the operation (or something like that in more scientific way, which makes it sound way more fun), after he asks her if things could go worse. The audience's reaction on my showing was pretty much the same which was on every joke in Nolan films before. :P

By the way, in the foreword of the new book about the making of the film, Assassin's Creed: Into the Animus, a guy from Ubisoft said that the company is totally happy with the film and their patience about it "has really paid off".