Assassin's Creed (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
antovolk wrote:
Sanchez wrote: What's the next game title? The Divison?
After AC, probably the last big video game/thing that can get a high profile prestige adaptation would be anything from Kojima?
Yeah, but are there anything in planning? I know that a Division movie with Jake Gyllenhaal is being made, and you also have the two deals J.J. Abrams got with Valve on Half-Life and Portal. But a Metal Gear-movie would be awesome.

Sanchez wrote:
antovolk wrote:
Sanchez wrote: What's the next game title? The Divison?
After AC, probably the last big video game/thing that can get a high profile prestige adaptation would be anything from Kojima?
Yeah, but are there anything in planning? I know that a Division movie with Jake Gyllenhaal is being made, and you also have the two deals J.J. Abrams got with Valve on Half-Life and Portal. But a Metal Gear-movie would be awesome.
Tomb Raider, Rampage, and Minecraft.

Uncharted could be really good, but needs to be made now before Indiana Jones 5 does.

Wow. People have been attempting Video Game adaptions for at least 2 decades now and not a single one is really considered great. Maybe a couple can be considered good but nothing special. Will this genre ever have a breakthrough?

I do think it is possible at some point in the future. The enthusiasm is there to do it. But I do think if they're going to do it, the films need to be canon to the story of the video games. I'm not familiar with the Assassin's Creed lore, I've never sat down to play the game, but I think there could have been a way to expand the big universe that it seemed to have establish through a series of movies. Star Wars is doing it right now with novels like Catalyst and Tarkin, I'm confident video games could do it as well.

Honestly, the day Kojima makes a film is the day we get a breakthrough. I'll still see this, I was really rooting for Kurzel on this

BlairCo wrote:I do think it is possible at some point in the future. The enthusiasm is there to do it. But I do think if they're going to do it, the films need to be canon to the story of the video games. I'm not familiar with the Assassin's Creed lore, I've never sat down to play the game, but I think there could have been a way to expand the big universe that it seemed to have establish through a series of movies. Star Wars is doing it right now with novels like Catalyst and Tarkin, I'm confident video games could do it as well.
Which is what AC is.

Or the story of the game is self contained and cinematic enough from the get go that it could work - I'm really getting that impression from Death Stranding? Get GDT to make a film of that and you are sorted....

Eh, i think i'll still go and see this out of curiosity.

Havoc1st wrote:Eh, i think i'll still go and see this out of curiosity.
I'm not actually that interested in it, especially when the reviews are this terrible. But there is a girl I'm really into who wanna see it, so if I'm going to go see it, it would have to be with her. :roll:

His face says it all: