Assassin's Creed (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Lord Shade wrote:
Holy shit shouldn't have opened this

I didn't expect this at all, but it makes so much sense considering who they cast. So I'm not whining about being spoiled anyway.

So apparently this screened to press in Australia yesterday and at least one person is saying 'good things'. Don't know much more than that.

antovolk wrote:So apparently this screened to press in Australia yesterday and at least one person is saying 'good things'. Don't know much more than that.
A WHOLE ONE PERSON, HOLY FUCK

This looks like it could be great, but the marketing seems to have completely killed this film.

I honestly don't know what to expect from this. With Fassbender on board I hope it will be good. The Videogame genre needs a fucking critical breakthrough already, and while I don't know this series very well I would be happy if this was it finally. I haven't seen any of the directors movies but looking at his filmography and reception the consensus seems to be he's a solid to very good director

Some comments from the Australian guy who saw it that someone posted on another forum I frequent (minor spoilers)
I've never played the games, so I can't base it off that
But there's a lot of parkour, it's gritty, there's a lot of rock inspired music, and there's a very heavy emphasis on brown tones which was interesting.
Overall 8/10
Since I've never played the games, I had a lot of fun with it because I didn't know what to expect.
(Minor Spoiler)
Just to prove that I've seen it, there's a scene where Callum is going crazy and Sophia is calming him down around 2/3 or middle of the film.

The conflict between Knights Templar and the Assassins was grey but black and white at the same time. Some scenes they're obviously the antagonist. But then sometimes it makes you think about their motivations.
Film was in Aguilar/ Callum's POV, and he's sort of a drifter who doesn't really belong in the films present day society.
After talk with producer, he said it's very faithful towards the games and UBISOFT was a consultant.
As for Spain...it was good? I don't know, I've never been to Spain lol

oh right. Yes there's definitely Spanish.
Producer said it only felt right for them to speak it and he said it added a layer of richness and flavour to the film. I don't speak Spanish, so I don't know if it's fluent or not. And acting is solid. I think the MCs are all Academy nominated actors
http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic ... 0/?page=65

That scene was cool.

Imagine if this movie turns okay when everything points at a disaster lol

Dude, they speak 100% Spanish in past scenes... that alone could be a curveball into obscure quality, de-tached from mainstream routines. Still, such a weird premiere date. I'd be more than fine with a good movie and disaster b.o.

m4st4 wrote:Dude, they speak 100% Spanish in past scenes... that alone could be a curveball into obscure quality, de-tached from mainstream routines. Still, such a weird premiere date. I'd be more than fine with a good movie and disaster b.o.
Yeah, the combo of shitty release window & even more shitty (approach wise) trailers so far is a deadly one unfortunately...I have faith in Kurzel who not only 1. seemed to not give a fuck about the actual game and tried to focus on their universe and the lore instead as the building blocks and 2. seems to bring some of his indie sensibilities (like that Spanish thing which is super cool) and 3. that cast :o

And yeah, same, I'd be fine with good movie and bad b.o. too but I want a sequel/s to happen so they can dive into
the whole First Civilisation/ancient aliens/their take on Adam & Eve & Genesis
UPD: NEW FEATURETTE https://twitter.com/Sena_is/status/803613231285579776