Assassin's Creed (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Lord Shade wrote:"Everything is permitted."

The new TV-spot with new footage and lines of Fassbender, Cotillard, Irons, Kenneth Williams and the first appearance of Essie Davis as Callum's mother Mary Lynch:

https://twitter.com/AssassinsMovie/stat ... 4896416768

THIS is the deal. The best TV-spot yet, definetely.
That's the deal? The deal might be off if this is their best way of salvaging the marketing.

TV spot was okay.

As was everything before it. My point is you don't go for 'okay', premiere one week after Rogue One with complete lack of buzz aside from core group of AC fans. I'd be devastated if this actually turns out great and yet ends up being a flop, as projected.

m4st4 wrote:As was everything before it. My point is you don't go for 'okay', premiere one week after Rogue One with complete lack of buzz aside from core group of AC fans I'd be devastated if this actually turns out great and yet ends up being a flop, as projected.
And that's the fucking problem - their materials apart from oddly that spot and the BTS featurettes are all pitched just to the game fans. Like it's a game sequel and not a movie with more potential. I may have mentioned this earlier but I was talking about this very issue on Twitter when that second trailer came out with the guys who did an ultimately rejected cut for it (which 'looked and sounded different'). "No breakout market required, thanks."

Thankfully this spot is a glimmer of hope. I'm also hearing rumbles about a final trailer in the coming weeks, better be fucking good

Considering the writers that Fox has hired to write this film's script, I'm not really holding my breath for it to be any good.£

Master Virgo wrote:Considering the writers that Fox has hired to write this film's script, I'm not really holding my breath for it to be any good.£
Are you talking about the script? They are not bad screenwriters, but they need some help from the director and the actors. In previous projects, they only acted by themselves. In AC, the director and actors was involved in the proccess, at least during the shooting. For example, they've once came out with a change to Cotillard's character. And she was absolutely not happy about it. If they didn't care about the movie, they've shoot the change and keep things on. But she called Justin Kurzel, and he agreed with her, and they together changed things back on how they were about her character. She's told about it to some French magazine in her monography on working in 2016.

Also, there are three screenwriters were working on it together. If they wasn't very good on each own, maybe they maganed to get a story worth to be told together?

---

Some bts photos and stills from the movie coming in the January issue of Empire Magazine:

Lord Shade wrote:
...And then he dies.

antovolk wrote:
Frank-Jon wrote:Holy crap. A HUGE spoiler has been revealed
Sophia learns she is also an assassin!
I wonder if we'll see her in the past cos I remember some Ubisoft head said Marion is in both but I can't remember if he said this before or after filming since they changed her role & Marion is rumoured to be unhappy about that.
:o sauce?
Revealed in the Best Movie italian magazine.

♥♥♥

What's with the stupid music?