Top 10 Films of 2012

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:
RyanRises wrote: Not at all. Sometimes I feel like you post DBZ clips, just to post em.

And Bacon, I guarantee its not the film, it's you. ;) because its effective for 99% of everyone else.
The majority of the movie had Joe being a jerk. He killed himself and I was happy that the world was saved, but I felt nothing about how he died. I cared more that Bruce Willis died than JGL. At least Bruce seemed to have a reason to do what he's doing that I understood. So Cid's going to close all the loops. How will that affect "THE WORLD"? Weren't all the Loopers gonna close their loops anyway?
The Rainmaker will destroy the world.
Brave New World

RyanRises wrote:
Bacon wrote:
The majority of the movie had Joe being a jerk. He killed himself and I was happy that the world was saved, but I felt nothing about how he died. I cared more that Bruce Willis died than JGL. At least Bruce seemed to have a reason to do what he's doing that I understood. So Cid's going to close all the loops. How will that affect "THE WORLD"? Weren't all the Loopers gonna close their loops anyway?
When in the movie does it say that?

RyanRises wrote:
Bacon wrote:
lolut

RIFA wrote:
RyanRises wrote:
lolut
Had to convince someone that Joe's sacrifice was not pointless. :?
Brave New World

Flickering Myth's Top Ten Movies of 2012

1. The Dark Knight Rises (dir. Christopher Nolan)
2. The Avengers (dir. Joss Whedon)
3. Looper (dir. Rian Johnson)
4. Skyfall (dir. Sam Mendes)
5. Shame (dir. Steve McQueen)
6. The Raid (dir. Gareth Evans)
7. The Master (dir. Paul Thomas Anderson)
8. Chronicle (dir. Josh Trank)
9. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (dir. Peter Jackson)
10. Argo (dir. Ben Affleck)

And also..

Silver Linings Playbook (dir. David O. Russell)
Seven Psychopaths (dir. Martin McDonagh)
The Muppets (dir. James Bobin)
Dredd 3D (dir. Pete Travis) - Execution: The Making of Dredd 3D
Ted (dir. Seth MacFarlane)
The Woman in Black (dir. James Watkins)
The Descendants (dir. Alexander Payne)
The Cabin in the Woods (dir. Drew Goddard)
Moonrise Kingdom (dir. Wes Anderson)
The Grey (dir. Joe Carnahan)

1. The Dark Knight Rises / Seven Psychopaths
3. The Master
4. Skyfall
5. The Avengers
6. The Hobbit
7. Looper
8. 21 Jump Street

Other than that I was pretty disappointed with everything else. But I'm still waiting to see Zero Dark Thirty and Silver Linings Playbook.

I haven't seen quite a few of the "good" films from this year yet (Zero Dark Thirty, Cloud Atlas, The Master, Seven Psychopaths, Flight, Skyfall), but my list is as follows:

1. Django Unchained
2. Argo
3. Killing Them Softly
4. The Dark Knight Rises
5. Moonrise Kingdom
6. Looper
7. The Cabin in the Woods
8. Lincoln
9. The Hobbit
10. Safety Not Guaranteed

With ParaNorman being a very close 11th.

Sorry if I've done this before, but I can't seem to find any post with a list...Anyway:

1. Looper
= Life of Pi
3. The Dark Knight Rises
4. The Artist
5. Chronicle
6. Skyfall
7. Seven Psychopaths
8. The Raid
9. The Cabin in the Woods
10. Ted

Honourable Mentions:
The Hunger Games
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Avengers
ParaNorman

Unchained and Zero Dark Thirty aren't out til the end of the month, I missed Silver Linings Playbook, Rust and Bone and Argo and as previously expressed I have no interest whatsoever in Lincoln. Or The Master, now that I think about it.

I'm trying to hold out until Zero Dark Thirty is released wide here in the states on the 11th. It is considered a front runner for Best Picture, so I feel it would be a bit disingenious for me to complete a top 10 list without seeing it first. I also plan to see Life of Pi soon as well, but other than that, my top 10 is looking fairly complete thus far. If you guys haven't had the chance to see Silver Linings Playbook and it comes near you, I highly recommend checking it out.

BroskiSabor wrote:I haven't seen quite a few of the "good" films from this year yet (Zero Dark Thirty, Cloud Atlas, The Master, Seven Psychopaths, Flight, Skyfall), but my list is as follows:

1. Django Unchained
2. Argo
3. Killing Them Softly
4. Lawless
5. The Dark Knight Rises
6. Moonrise Kingdom
7. Looper
8. The Cabin in the Woods
9. Lincoln
10. The Hobbit

With ParaNorman being a very close 11th.
Can't seem to find an edit feature, but I KNEW I was forgetting something. Lawless in between Killing them Softly and TDKR.