Top 10 Films of 2012

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:Final List of 2012:

1) The Dark Knight Rises | A+
2) Skyfall | A+
3) Django Unchained | A+
4) Life of Pi | A+
5) Argo | A
6) Looper | A
7) Lawless | A
8) Lincoln | B+
9) Perks of Being a Wallflower | B+
10) The Hobbit P1 | B+

My Top 4 was incredibly close.
Nice, did you get to see Silver Linings Playbook?

nolannolanchrischris wrote:
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:Final List of 2012:

1) The Dark Knight Rises | A+
2) Skyfall | A+
3) Django Unchained | A+
4) Life of Pi | A+
5) Argo | A
6) Looper | A
7) Lawless | A
8) Lincoln | B+
9) Perks of Being a Wallflower | B+
10) The Hobbit P1 | B+

My Top 4 was incredibly close.
Nopeee
Sigs???

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
nolannolanchrischris wrote:
Nopeee
Get on it, it's gotta be playing somewhere not too far from where you live.

Honestly don't get the buzz surrounding Silver Linings Playbook. Read the script before seeing the movie and didn't really enjoy it. Danny (was that his name?) showed up at completely random times. Anything outside of Pat and Tiffany's romance didn't really make sense. Pat Sr.'s friend that kept betting against him was just a useless character. Thought the movie was a going to be funnier while watching it, and it was a little, but not nearly enough to redeem it. Really a disappointment after his last film, The Fighter. Also because I love Jennifer Lawerence.

BroskiSabor wrote:Honestly don't get the buzz surrounding Silver Linings Playbook. Read the script before seeing the movie and didn't really enjoy it. Danny (was that his name?) showed up at completely random times. Anything outside of Pat and Tiffany's romance didn't really make sense. Pat Sr.'s friend that kept betting against him was just a useless character. Thought the movie was a going to be funnier while watching it, and it was a little, but not nearly enough to redeem it. Really a disappointment after his last film, The Fighter. Also because I love Jennifer Lawerence.

And I respectfully disagree with everything you just said.

Skyab23 wrote:
BroskiSabor wrote:Honestly don't get the buzz surrounding Silver Linings Playbook. Read the script before seeing the movie and didn't really enjoy it. Danny (was that his name?) showed up at completely random times. Anything outside of Pat and Tiffany's romance didn't really make sense. Pat Sr.'s friend that kept betting against him was just a useless character. Thought the movie was a going to be funnier while watching it, and it was a little, but not nearly enough to redeem it. Really a disappointment after his last film, The Fighter. Also because I love Jennifer Lawerence.

Haha, thank you for being respectful. Comedy is one of the most subjective forms of entertainment, in my opinion.

BroskiSabor wrote:
Skyab23 wrote:

Haha, thank you for being respectful. Comedy is one of the most subjective forms of entertainment, in my opinion.
I'm not sure it's accurate though to categorize SLP as strictly a comedy. Personally, I think it's more of a drama or what some call a "dramedy," with a great balance between the two. But I certainly wouldn't place it in the same category as Wedding Crashers or American Pie.

Skyab23 wrote:
BroskiSabor wrote:

I'm not sure it's accurate though to categorize SLP as strictly a comedy. Personally, I think it's more of a drama or what some call a "dramedy," with a great balance between the two. But I certainly wouldn't place it in the same category as Wedding Crashers or American Pie.
That's understandable. It's got some drama elements to it, and it's certainly not a full on comedy, but I think the main goal of the film is to get laughs.

BroskiSabor wrote:I think the main goal of the film is to get laughs.
Definitely not.

Forum Pro
Law
Top 3.

1. The Dark Knight Rises
2. Django Unchained
3. Skyfall