Top 10 Films of 2012

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
It's a little silly to put Chronicle over Looper.

Red Hood wrote:It's a little silly to put Chronicle over Looper.
It's set to change. I only saw Looper once, and I have more problems with Looper than Chronicle. I felt I was more invested in Chronicle.
I almost cried when Andrew died even though he turned evil. I didn't care that Joe died at the end of Looper. I only felt happiness because Cid wouldn't turn evil. I got more attached to 3 characters in 85 mins than one character in 118 mins. :neutral:

Bacon wrote:
Red Hood wrote:It's a little silly to put Chronicle over Looper.
It's set to change. I only saw Looper once, and I have more problems with Looper than Chronicle. I felt I was more invested in Chronicle.
I almost cried when Andrew died even though he turned evil. I didn't care that Joe died at the end of Looper. I only felt happiness because Cid wouldn't turn evil. I got more attached to 3 characters in 85 mins than one character in 118 mins. :neutral:
:| Too bad for you. The ending sequence is one of the most emotional I've ever experienced.
A mom who would die for her son. A man who would kill for his wife... :cry:
Brave New World

RyanRises wrote:
Bacon wrote: It's set to change. I only saw Looper once, and I have more problems with Looper than Chronicle. I felt I was more invested in Chronicle.
:| Too bad for you. The ending sequence is one of the most emotional I've ever experienced.
Yeah, that's cool and all, but
I felt nothing after Joe killed himself. I felt content that Cid was okay, but I felt no regret or sympathy for Joe. And I feel I should have.

Bacon wrote:
RyanRises wrote: :| Too bad for you. The ending sequence is one of the most emotional I've ever experienced.
Yeah, that's cool and all, but
I felt nothing after Joe killed himself. I felt content that Cid was okay, but I felt no regret or sympathy for Joe. And I feel I should have.
Well he made the ultimate sacrifice and basically saved the world.
Brave New World

RyanRises wrote:
Bacon wrote: Yeah, that's cool and all, but
That spoiler sounds familiar...

RyanRises wrote:
Bacon wrote: Yeah, that's cool and all, but
Then I should feel something. But I didn't. And I'll fault the film for that. :judge:

Red Hood wrote:
RyanRises wrote:
Not at all. Sometimes I feel like you post DBZ clips, just to post em.

And Bacon, I guarantee its not the film, it's you. ;) because its effective for 99% of everyone else.
Brave New World

RyanRises wrote:
Red Hood wrote:

And Bacon, I guarantee its not the film, it's you. ;) because its effective for 99% of everyone else.
The majority of the movie had Joe being a jerk. He killed himself and I was happy that the world was saved, but I felt nothing about how he died. I cared more that Bruce Willis died than JGL. At least Bruce seemed to have a reason to do what he's doing that I understood. So Cid's going to close all the loops. How will that affect "THE WORLD"? Weren't all the Loopers gonna close their loops anyway?

RyanRises wrote:
Red Hood wrote:
It sounds familiar to me.