Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Great choice. Surprised it never occurred to me. I think he and Whedon are friends. I believe he wrote the Dawn of the Dead script as well.

Somewhat off-topic: It's amazing what a top-notch cast and a good script can do for Zach Snyder. The reason I'm optimistic about MoS.

Morrie's_Wig wrote:James Gunn (Slither, Super) is in talks to direct
Marvel Studios has a track record of picking unlikely directors for their giant tentpole projects, but they may have just outdone themselves. James Gunn, the indie filmmaker whose last movie was the dark anti-superhero movie Super, is apparently the studio's top choice to direct Guardians of the Galaxy, the upcoming space drama that's a key part of "phase two" of the studio's development.

Announced at Comic Con last month, Guardians of the Galaxy is set for release August 1, 2014, which gives them not a lot of time to put together a CGI-heavy film set in space that features a machine-gun-wielding raccoon as one of its characters. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Marvel is considering several other unlikely choices if talks with Gunn don't work out-- they're also eyeing Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, the indie filmmakers behind projects like Half-Nelson and It's Kind Of A Funny Story, and Peyton Reed, most famous for directing Bring It On. If they had simply thrown darts at a board covered with every director currently alive, I don't think they could have come up with a more seemingly random list.

But that's kind of the magic of the Marvel films so far, which have brought in unlikely choices-- like Kenneth Branagh for Thor, or especially Joss Whedon for The Avengers-- and made them pay off in spadea. Marvel is also famous for refusing to pay top dollar for talent, and Gunn-- whose debut film Slither made $7.8 million total, and whose Super topped out at $327,716 theatrically-- surely can't demand a giant paycheck. We'll see if talks pan out, but Gunn's participation could take Guardians of the Galaxy from what looked like an oddball also-ran Marvel movie to something potentially fascinating, dark and unlike anything else they've made.
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Marvel-E ... 32552.html
:tooexcited:

Slither is a horror/comedy masterpiece!

Will Thanos be the main villain in this?

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Will Thanos be the main villain in this?
I hope it's Loki.

After seeing Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, I think Nathan Fillion would be a great Star-Lord, what with Star-Lord being a jerk before assuming his heroic role in the comics (not that I would know; only what I've heard).

James Earl Jones should voice Thanos.

Between James Gunn and Joss Whedon, there is no way Fillion isn't going to be in this.

I always wondered how one directs an animated film. Also, if it is animated and if it does tie in it would feel weird to me that an animated film ties into a live action film.

xWhereAmI? wrote:I always wondered how one directs an animated film. Also, if it is animated and if it does tie in it would feel weird to me that an animated film ties into a live action film.
It's not animated.