Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
xWhereAmI? wrote:I always wondered how one directs an animated film. Also, if it is animated and if it does tie in it would feel weird to me that an animated film ties into a live action film.
It's not animated and, therefore, its important to mantain a visual consistency. I would not like it to have the same problems like Grenn Lantern or Thor that they skipped the alien scenario to go to Earth, where the CGI style was not complementary (Green Lantern is a much worse offender, due to the fact that almost all is CGI and spends much more time and fights on Earth).
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
xWhereAmI? wrote:I always wondered how one directs an animated film. Also, if it is animated and if it does tie in it would feel weird to me that an animated film ties into a live action film.
It's not animated.
Oh. Good.

I think that came out of early reports that it wouldn't be too directly connected to the main universe at the time, leading to it being seen as not being in the same universe, and people theorized it being animated as a way of distinguishing it. Now though it seems that it just means it won't be set on Earth or Asgard.

Thanos to be 'Centerpiece' of Guardians of the Galaxy, to lead into Avengers 2 according to creator Jim Starlin:

http://www.comicbooktherapy.com/dragonc ... more-47443
At Comic-Con Marvel announced that they were going to do Guardians of the Galaxy and kind open up the galactic aspects of the Marvel Universe. That is what you are known for. What are your thoughts on that making its way to film?

This past week the head of the Marvel studios said that Thanos was going to be, I guess, the centerpiece of the Guardians movie and going into Avengers 2. I don’t read as many comic books as I used to, as I recall the Guardians are in the future but they have all these characters in it now that are in the present like Drax and Gamora and all that.

Sounds like Gunn is co-writing as well as directing.

For a month or so there’s been a lot of Internet speculation about my involvement with Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy. Until now I haven’t said anything, because I’m trying to be less expulsive about this project than I am about the rest of my life. But last night I got the go-ahead from Kevin Feige to let you all know that, yes, indeed, I am rewriting and directing Guardians of the Galaxy. As a lifelong lover of Marvel comics, space epics, AND raccoons, this is the movie I’ve been waiting to make since I was nine years old. Kevin, Joss, and all the folks at Marvel have been amazing collaborators so far, and we’re committed to bringing you something majestic, beautiful, and unique. I am incredibly excited. I am also incredibly grateful to the fans and the press for all their words of encouragement and support regarding my involvement with this project since the news first leaked. Thanks – you have, honestly, touched and overwhelmed me. And that’s it for now. Other than the occasional photos of my dog and cat here on Facebook, I’ll talk to you again in August 2014 when Guardians is released!
From Gunn's fb.

word. hes perfect for this project.

exclusive

Peter Dinklage is eyeing a role in this