Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Current estimate is 94 million, which is ahead of Spider-Man and Godzilla, and is just 1 million behind Winter Soldier.

It also makes this Marvel's highest non-sequel OW behind the first Iron Man and Avengers.

theseeker9175 wrote:
m4st4 wrote:http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3884&p=.htm

Some interesting Day 1 numbers for Guardians.
Forget day one, some sites are predicting now a $100 million for the weekend :shock:
Nothing surprising with a Day 1 like that... but around 90, I think.

@Silver, you're constantly updating all these Marvel threads, but how would you rate the movies?

My favorite by far is Winter Soldier. Dat Redford. Least favorite is Dark World, since it has the weakest villain. At least Ronan at least said what his motivation was aloud, but since they cut out Malekith's family being killed by Odin his motivation is basically 'cuz I'm evil bitch'.

SilverHeart wrote:My favorite by far is Winter Soldier. Dat Redford. Least favorite is Dark World, since it has the weakest villain. At least Ronan at least said what his motivation was aloud, but since they cut out Malekith's family being killed by Odin his motivation is basically 'cuz I'm evil bitch'.
Wish I knew the in-betweens but at least the far ends tell me something about your preferences, thanks.

It's even more fun on the second viewing.

Awesome.

I suppose Age of Ultron will really have to step up its game, considering it comes after (within its own franchise) both The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy (apart from the fact it's a sequel of the already popular/acclaimed The Avengers) - Comparisions will be unavoidable.

I just got back and enjoyed it just fine. I was robbed of my Interstellar trailer? What the fuck is this world coming to might I ask? They said it would be attached to GOTG. So I go to GOTG to see the trailer and guess what? No fucking trailer. Fucking world gone wrong man.