Fassbender vs Tom Hardy

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Who impresses you more?

Fassbender
56%
Hardy
44%

Total votes: 50

durden_77 wrote:
fenwayconnor wrote:
fixed again
Bale in the fighter is better than anything DDL has done.
Bale in the fighter is very very close, but it isn't as good as Daniel Plainview in TWBB. And I actually like The Fighter a lot better, but it is just not as good as DDL.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:It's really quite simple...

Fassy and Pitt have a very similar acting style

Hardy will be a huge movie star and oozes charisma just like Clooney

DiCaprio and DDL are probably the two best actors on the planet

JGL and Rockwell are both great film actors

The rest should be obvious...
What Michael Fassbender films have you been watching to think he's like Brad Pitt? I like Pitt he's a fine actor but Fass is revelatory, he commands the screen like others rarely do, Hardy is nothing like Clooney yes he has charisma but in a completely different way, Clooney oozes old school charisma Hardy is completely different. DDL is a better actor than Dicaprio, no disrespect to Leo I really like him as an actor but he's not delivered anything like Christy Brown, Jerry Conlon or Daniel Plainview yet.

I think Hardy's performance in Brosnan is the only time he's got near Fassbender's level although I felt the film was like someone just let Refn put his pretentious art project on screen. Warrior is just a Rocky for the modern age and very cheesy with a silly ending, TH transforms physically but his acting isn't that great, Nolte steals the film.

He's great in TTSS but so are many that is Gary's film, I'm looking forward to his Bane very much and also watching his career develop but Fassbender is the actor that has made me sit up more, it wasn't like he stole Prometheus it was more like he performed a large scaled armed robbery on it.

mchekhov wrote:Jgl reminds me of pitt

U can match up Dicaprio with Fassbender

Dicaprio transforms but he doesn't disappear because he relies on a lot of developed trademark mannerisms
stop using words and expressions that you don't understand because you tend to look like you're contradicting yourself. thing that you actually do on a regular basis.

RIFA wrote:
mchekhov wrote:Jgl reminds me of pitt

U can match up Dicaprio with Fassbender

Dicaprio transforms but he doesn't disappear because he relies on a lot of developed trademark mannerisms
stop using words and expressions that you don't understand because you tend to look like you're contradicting yourself. thing that you actually do on a regular basis.
he is permabanned. :twothumbsup:

I think the only reason Hardy got so many votes is because he is playing Bane and this is nolanforums. Fassbender has been more in tune with his characters. Shame is a great example.

Chaoticsouls wrote:I think the only reason Hardy got so many votes is because he is playing Bane and this is nolanforums. Fassbender has been more in tune with his characters. Shame is a great example.
I'm not biased and I went with Fassbender. He just has a presence on film that is so striking. But Hardy has it as well. This was really a hard pick.

Chaoticsouls wrote:I think the only reason Hardy got so many votes is because he is playing Bane and this is nolanforums. Fassbender has been more in tune with his characters. Shame is a great example.
Not to mention Eames as well.
Do you... like pineapple?

Can you imagine Tom Hardy doing Shame, though? I think that would be an even more intense performance. That's the thing. With Hardy, I can imagine him playing any character that Fassbender has played in a more interesting way. Yet, I cannot say the vice versa is true.

David8 wrote:

Can you imagine Tom Hardy doing Shame, though? I think that would be an even more intense performance. That's the thing. With Hardy, I can imagine him playing any character that Fassbender has played in a more interesting way. Yet, I cannot say the vice versa is true.
He would not be as hung as Fassbender was.

BlairCo wrote:
David8 wrote:

He would not be as hung as Fassbender was.
.... :suicide: