Killers of the Flower Moon (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Now this is what I call a great trailer. (The first trailer for Silence was also amazing.)

Demoph wrote:
May 18th, 2023, 4:21 pm
Surprised to not see more of Plemmons who plays the part that was the lead in the first draft of the script. It seems Scorsese was more and more fascinated by Di Caprio and Gladstone character and less and less by Plemmons' as the project unfold, yet I still hope that it's the film that makes Plemmons go from being one of our most reliable supporting character into a real hollywood star.
Doesn't the recent Deadline article address this aspect?
It was the perfect set-up for a murder mystery, but something didn’t feel right. Scorsese, DiCaprio and De Niro began to realize that the situation was more complex than that. More explicitly, it would be inappropriate to serve up a white-savior Western since white people were also the bad guys: the outsiders who insinuated their way into the Osage and took advantage of their naivety, empowered by apathy from corrupt local law enforcement and townsfolk eager to shake money out of the pockets of their trusting Osage friends.

So, Scorsese started over, seizing on the chance to tell a story that would resonate in a modern era, forcing audiences to confront their own darkest instincts: how far would they be willing to go for the love of money? The lightbulb moment came when DiCaprio wondered if the focus should not be the lawman but rather one of his suspects: Ernest Burkhart. Burkhart is apparently a loving husband, married to Osage tribe member Mollie, and they have three children together. Mollie is at death’s door when Tom White — now to be played by Jesse Plemons — arrives. Is Ernest just in it for the money?

The greatest goat of all time.

Never would i ever have thought that the discussions on a Marty film`s thread would get so heated lol, but i have mixed feelings about this, on one hand im excited because its the fucking new Marty Scorsese for gods sake !, this man cannot miss and we are lucky to have him pumping out stuff still

but on the other hand i do feel like this is the end of an era, in all probability this is Martin`s last film, and the landscape of the industry is on the verge of changing forever now, with the advent of AI generative text and video, ive seen AI video get better in a span of only months and it frankly terrifies me, i dont want to sound pessimistic, but i feel its game over for us human filmmakers, and also film lovers, time has come for Cinema to fully become the hypercapitalist mass production machine producers have always dreamed of, sorry for the tangent im just in a very sentimental state haha.

Maybe the AI should replace the studio execs who cut back on salaries and who don't pay writers appropriate remuneration for their work.

I truly believe this AI nonsense is up there with the virtual reality revolution that has supposedly taken place ever 5-10 years for the past 50 years in the video game industry, just to name one example.

I don't know about you but I personally can't wait for the time that AI finally tells us what happened to Lea Massari in L'Avventura.

Nolan, Fincher and Scorsese in the same year is just too good

Killers of the Flower Moon commemorates the sixth feature film collaboration between Scorsese and DiCaprio and the tenth between Scorsese and De Niro.