The Passion of the Christ: Resurrection

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Hope this is better than Alien: Resurrection

Rohan wrote:
January 30th, 2018, 8:46 pm
'The Passion of the Christ' is one of the greatest films in history. The writing, score, performances, direction, you know name it, are all praiseworthy. Its cinematography is as if it's a painting.

This sequel, if directed by Gibson himself, it's going to be something special. Stoked!

You're absolutely right

No.

The Last Temptation of Christ is a better movie about Jesus than The Passion of the Christ by a mile because it has something interesting to say and approaches the story from a different perspective. Don't really see the need to make a sequel to The Passion of the Christ.

I'm in if it's the bit about him going to hell and kicking everyone's ass

ArmandFancypants wrote:
January 31st, 2018, 6:06 pm
I'm in if it's the bit about him going to hell and kicking everyone's ass
Didn't they confirm that's what this is about?

And after the hits, Mel Gibson and Jim Caviezel took for The Passion. Now they're gearing up for The Resurrection, which says everything about their character as people. They are brave, especially Jim, who suffered on the set. During the filming of The Passion of the Christ. Caviezel lost 45 pounds, was struck by lightning, accidentally scourged with a whip twice, leaving a 14-inch scar, had his shoulder dislocated, suffered from pneumonia and hypothermia, and needed two open heart surgeries after filming.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/pas ... p_catchall

CaviezelReese wrote:
February 3rd, 2023, 12:18 pm
And after the hits, Mel Gibson and Jim Caviezel took for The Passion. Now they're gearing up for The Resurrection, which says everything about their character as people. They are brave, especially Jim, who suffered on the set. During the filming of The Passion of the Christ. Caviezel lost 45 pounds, was struck by lightning, accidentally scourged with a whip twice, leaving a 14-inch scar, had his shoulder dislocated, suffered from pneumonia and hypothermia, and needed two open heart surgeries after filming.

Sounds like a shitty movie set.

CaviezelReese wrote:

Must have sucked for Qaviezel.

nolannolanchrischris wrote:
February 4th, 2023, 10:40 am
CaviezelReese wrote:

Sounds like a shitty movie set.
Yup :D Also, it's pretty funny that the original post turned out to be a serious one - when I read "gearing up for The Resurrection, which says everything about their character as people", I thought it was a cynical jab at Gibson and Caviezel seriously making a Jesus Christ sequel titled The Resurrection, and how bad that sounds... but, I guess, they are brave.

I'm not trying to make fun of them, because I don't think badly of the original. Just the way this post was phrased - and the fact that there's a sequel and it is titled "The Resurrection" - feels quite ironic.