The Last of Us (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ep 3 was amazing. You aren't alone.

Dobson wrote:
January 30th, 2023, 9:36 am
You're not the only one

I don't remember an adaption of any kind that has ever felt so true to the source material as much as this one.

Like there were several ways they could have made a great TV show out of this, but they have done it and also marvelously captured that exact feeling and atmosphere of the game without it coming off as copy paste somehow. That aspect fascinates me.

Another banger of an episode. Only complaint is it’s too short and I wanted moaarrrr

why do you come here just to post other people’s negative opinions about this show lol

Michaelf2225 wrote:
February 7th, 2023, 12:39 pm
why do you come here just to post other people’s negative opinions about this show lol
Just ignore him :)

Michaelf2225 wrote:
Because it's a tv critic whose work I respect and you all wanted to know if there are actual criticisms of the show. Well, here's one example.

Batfan175 wrote:
February 7th, 2023, 3:35 pm
Michaelf2225 wrote:
Because it's a tv critic whose work I respect and you all wanted to know if there are actual criticisms of the show. Well, here's one example.
are you upset this is getting more acclaimed than Game of Thrones or something?

Allstar wrote:
February 7th, 2023, 10:59 pm
Batfan175 wrote:
February 7th, 2023, 3:35 pm
Michaelf2225 wrote:
are you upset this is getting more acclaimed than Game of Thrones or something?
No, I'm just reading your comments saying how you can't see anyone disliking this show and so imo there's nothing wrong with engaging with a larger varierty of tv/film criticism and some different perspectives. But first one has to be able to see those different points of view so I posted the link to the reviews.

The tv critic whose reviews I posted actually liked episodes 2 and 3 but he at least comes from the perspective of someone who a) loves horror as a genre, b) has seen enough horror stories and post-apocalyptic stories to recognise familiar tropes and most importantly c) comes at the show from the point of view of someone who has not played the game (he indicated as much in his review of the first episode).

I have not played the game either, nor have I seen the show so in the end I don't actually have anything at stake here. This is just an example of how some of the critics whose reviews I read perceive the show. I can't speak to the show's quality.