James Bond Official Discussion Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I'd love to see Tom Ford direct a Bond movie.

BlairCo wrote:
February 10th, 2021, 10:59 pm

BlairCo wrote:
February 10th, 2021, 10:59 pm
Do you think it will add a special atmosphere to the films? May be. The main thing is that there is no big deviation from the James Bond type, otherwise the essence will be lost.

Anyone else think Jack O'Connell would be perfect as the next James Bond? I recently heard that he was going to be in Steven Knight's new BBC series, SAS: Rogue Heroes. The show basically sounds as if it'll take the mantle from Knight's other hit, Peaky Blinders, as the most discussed show in the UK (both on twitter and in Wetherspoons). I hear that O'Connell is going to play Paddy Mayne - who was something of a legend - and a role that was initially going to be played by Tom Hardy. Which makes sense considering Hardy's connection with Knight over the years. Considering that O'Connell is English and about to star in a BBC show, then the Bond rumours are inevitably on their way........In many ways, O'Connell has a similar energy and vibe as Tom Hardy as performers.

O'Connell was on fire back in 2014 ('71 and Starred Up are must-watches). He's been fairly solid in other films since. He was brooding in Jungleland (though that was Hunnam's showcase) and he was dependable enough in Seberg (but really that was a style exercise and Rachel Morrison killed it).

I maybe mistaken, but wasn't O'Connell once in the running for Batman? Not sure i can see that (In fact, I think Miles Teller was my first choice for that role). I can see O'Connell being the heir apparent to Craig.......

I've seen some online movement for the guy from Bridgerton. With the Meghan-Royal family feud going on maybe now is the time to mix something up and show Britain is not as racist as it is :P

LelekPL wrote:
March 21st, 2021, 6:59 pm
I've seen some online movement for the guy from Bridgerton. With the Meghan-Royal family feud going on maybe now is the time to mix something up and show Britain is not as racist as it is :P
Rege-Jean Page. Not seen Bridgerton, but he has the look for sure.

I really like Jamie Dornan. But I feel Fifty Shades tarnished him. He'd need to really redeem himself to not be slaughtered by fans and critics if he were cast as James Bond (Doran has a new HBO/BBC series called Tourist which sounds very 007 which might do that).

However, recent photos of Richard Madden on the set of new futuristic spy series, Citadel, have me convinced that he would be a terrific 007. He's young, sexy and looks a bit like Pierce Brosnan, albeit with a slight bit of that edgy Daniel Craig vibe.

I'm not sure if Eternals will keep him from 007. After all, being in the Marvel franchise is a big commitment. They contract their actors for multiple films and shows. Though, he isn't the lead of his films ensemble. So perhaps he could still play Bond. Maybe Barbara will even pay Marvel out to have Madden break his contract.......Who knows. Nevertheless, he's ageing excellently.

:!: :!: :!:

Whoa. That's a big purchase price.

The landscape has changed. These would be the biggest movie makers and distributers now (no particular order):
Disney (theme park)
Comcast (telecom)
Amazon (retailer)
Sony (electronics)
Apple (electronics)
Netflix
WarnerMedia-Discovery (formerly tied to telecom AT&T)
Viacom/CBS AKA Paramount

Companies that aren't tied to a larger company that generates large profit from other avenues (electronics, telecom, retailer, parks, etc.) are all in danger of getting gobbled up by somebody who does.