Killers of the Flower Moon (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:
May 10th, 2021, 1:21 pm
androcell wrote:
May 10th, 2021, 12:26 pm
First photo released.

But seriously....dat Jack Fisk production design. 8-) :twothumbsup: DiCaprio is already telling us a lot about his character just through one image.

It's a photo of DiCaprio sitting at a table...forgive me if I'm unimpressed and generally baffled by all the noise online surrounding this photo or this project. Yeah, it's a Scorsese film, yeah it's got chances of being good but I have also seen a couple of recent Scorsese films (looking at you, 'Silence') that left me more or less completely cold. I'm glad there's progress on the film but can we all just maybe take a step back for a change?

Batfan175 wrote:
May 14th, 2021, 6:42 am
It's a photo of DiCaprio sitting at a table...forgive me if I'm unimpressed and generally baffled by all the noise online surrounding this photo or this project. Yeah, it's a Scorsese film, yeah it's got chances of being good but I have also seen a couple of recent Scorsese films (looking at you, 'Silence') that left me more or less completely cold. I'm glad there's progress on the film but can we all just maybe take a step back for a change?
Yeah, Scorsese is no D & D.

Yeah, I agree with batfan. This is honestly one of the worst photographs I’ve ever had to look at in my life, and if it’s any indicator for the movie’s quality, then sorry, but it WILL NOT BE GOOD. There is literally nothing in this photo that says there is a good movie in the making. It looks ugly. It looks so drab and plain, there is nothing artistically unique that speaks to me. Actually, it is the worst picture still I’ve ever seen. Even Leo here I am not even sure if he’s acting, he just seems so aware to me in what trash he chose to be involved in. He looks like he regrets this.

But you know what, I am just generally not a big fan of Scorsese. I have a really refined taste and do not watch anything. In fact, most movies are so awful I barely watch anything at all, and all of that I do to make sure my cinematic tastes remain pure. I only like to watch the things that engage me artistically, intellectually, emotionally, philosophically (and ever so slightly erotically, too), therefore I only watch the last season of Game of Thrones weekly - I savour it. I simply don’t have the time for lowbrow shit. Move along Scorsese, your time is over. I don’t understand what this insanity on this forum is right now - the total of 2 people are hyping this film. Maybe, like, calm down a little bit? Jesus.

Ruth wrote:
May 14th, 2021, 6:41 pm
Yeah, I agree with batfan. This is honestly one of the worst photographs I’ve ever had to look at in my life, and if it’s any indicator for the movie’s quality, then sorry, but it WILL NOT BE GOOD. There is literally nothing in this photo that says there is a good movie in the making. It looks ugly. It looks so drab and plain, there is nothing artistically unique that speaks to me. Actually, it is the worst picture still I’ve ever seen. Even Leo here I am not even sure if he’s acting, he just seems so aware to me in what trash he chose to be involved in. He looks like he regrets this.

But you know what, I am just generally not a big fan of Scorsese. I have a really refined taste and do not watch anything. In fact, most movies are so awful I barely watch anything at all, and all of that I do to make sure my cinematic tastes remain pure. I only like to watch the things that engage me artistically, intellectually, emotionally, philosophically (and ever so slightly erotically, too), therefore I only watch the last season of Game of Thrones weekly - I savour it. I simply don’t have the time for lowbrow shit. Move along Scorsese, your time is over. I don’t understand what this insanity on this forum is right now - the total of 2 people are hyping this film. Maybe, like, calm down a little bit? Jesus.
LOL

:clap:

Allstar wrote:
May 14th, 2021, 4:23 pm

Yeah, Scorsese is no D & D.
When you got nothing to say, bring up something unrelated lol. I am sure you're still gonna do that in the future because that's all you've got. You could have tried to let me know why I should be excited about this and why this particular photo is so groundbreaking...but you didn't. At least I can live with the idea of people dissing the stuff I like lol.
Ruth wrote:
May 14th, 2021, 6:41 pm

Wow I really struck a nerve there, didn't I? Imagine saying you're not sure months ahead of time whether a film is going to be good and that a random photo does not make you see what the big deal is, yeah that must definitely mean I think it's going to be the worst film ever made lol. You sure got me there. It's the typical Internet fandom response to cast even the slightest criticisms in the worst light possible because doubt and indifference are just not allowed. Why? Because we say so. But at least I got a good chuckle out of reading that mischaracterisation and for that I thank you. That photo is not an indication of a bad film (I can only know that once I've seen it) but it's a pretty damn mediocre photo and to see the internet lose its mind over it is just a bit funny to me tbh.

Batfan175 wrote:
May 15th, 2021, 2:04 am
Wow I really struck a nerve there, didn't I?
Dude don’t flatter yourself too much, I typed this in a couple of minutes while eating ice cream and watching TV in bed. But could I please get a 3 paragraph response to this anyway?

Ruth wrote:
May 15th, 2021, 6:10 am
Batfan175 wrote:
May 15th, 2021, 2:04 am
Wow I really struck a nerve there, didn't I?
Dude don’t flatter yourself too much, I typed this in a couple of minutes while eating ice cream and watching TV in bed. But could I please get a 3 paragraph response to this anyway?
You only get 1 paragraph, 'cause this stuff doesn't deserve more: y'all go crazy for a photo and when I legit ask why it's so special y'all act like rude clowns trying to demean me by bringing up other stuff I like. Writing a lengthy response to that stuff is a silly waste of time and effort. But I want to thank you because your response confirmed my initial impression: generic photo is undeserving of hype and people going bonkers over it might benefit from taking a step back in terms of engaging with pop culture in general. When you start acting like actual adults I might engage more extensively with what you have to say.