Eric Roberts says The Dark Knight is just entertainment

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
In a recent interview Eric Roberts, who played Sal Maroni in The Dark Knight, says he did not feel moved, educated, enlightened or comforted by The Dark Knight . Apprently there's not much you can learn from a Batman film. He felt entertained but he says it's nothing more than that, while at the same time praising Christopher Nolan who he says is a real winner and knows what he wants all the time. he also seems to think that because of The dark Knight and similar big-budget movies there are less independent films being made that, according to him, are all the things The Dark Knight seems to be lacking. what do you think? Is he right in his assessment?

here's the interview for those of you who want to read it:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ ... um=twitter

Fuck Eric Roberts.

Fucking Eric Roberts. :problem:

Fuck you you fucking fuck

I hope he never works again.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

What an unintelligent thing to say.

I don't mind Roberts being honest about his feelings, I'm sure many feels the same way. And please don't take the fanboy approach and overreact over nothing. Lord, it's all subjectiv anyway. He even praises Nolan.

But it does read like someone's a bit disappointed about not getting included in the rises cast.. hehe I laughed. The poor guy hasn't done anything worthwhile in 20 years and 85% of his career is straight to dvd stuff..
@sammyjankis88

Lol it's not like he's wrong. It's just a great movie.

Mr. Caine wrote:Fuck you you fucking fuck :evil: :evil: :evil:
"When art imitates life"

mchekhov wrote:Lol it's not like he's wrong. It's just a great movie.
Oh lord....