The Dark Knight Ousted From Box Office Top 10 By Episode I

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:Most "classic" movie I've seen was the Bride of Frankenstein which I saw on Saturday along with Physcho and Thor.
My problem is, since I always had this "fascination" and started so young, it takes something really amazing to get at least a tense reaction out of me. Alien is a dear moment in that sense. Guess that was the last time I closed my eyes in a movie theater. Did you enjoy Psycho? That's pretty cool ain't it?

dadosaboya wrote:
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:Most "classic" movie I've seen was the Bride of Frankenstein which I saw on Saturday along with Physcho and Thor.
My problem is, since I always had this "fascination" and started so young, it takes something really amazing to get at least a tense reaction out of me. Alien is a dear moment in that sense. Guess that was the last time I closed my eyes in a movie theater. Did you enjoy Psycho? That's pretty cool ain't it?
I LOVED Physcho. I'm going to write about it for my school newspaper. But now getting a midnight snack is a bit for difficult :lol:
Sigs???

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:I LOVED Physcho. I'm going to write about it for my school newspaper. But now getting a midnight snack is a bit for difficult :lol:
Since you wrote this on the TDK Chase thread
I remember watching this bit and being really shocked that a movie would kill off the love interest right then and there.
Here's a piece of Psycho trivia for you: At that time, Janet Leigh was a huge movie star and it was shocking that Hitchcock killed her, specially the way he did it. Nobody expected that. Imagine someone like... I dunno, Julia Roberts being knifed to death in the middle of the film. :lol:

dadosaboya wrote:
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:I LOVED Physcho. I'm going to write about it for my school newspaper. But now getting a midnight snack is a bit for difficult :lol:
Since you wrote this on the TDK Chase thread
I remember watching this bit and being really shocked that a movie would kill off the love interest right then and there.
Here's a piece of Psycho trivia for you: At that time, Janet Leigh was a huge movie star and it was shocking that Hitchcock killed her, specially the way he did it. Nobody expected that. Imagine someone like... I dunno, Julia Roberts being knifed to death in the middle of the film. :lol:
Damn, that's awesome.

Just goes to show that there are a lot of people who've apparently not heard how bad Episode I was in 1999. Why should the box office mean anything? The Dark Knight is a great film and there are many great films that are not in the top 10 and the top 2 films are two of the most mediocre films I have ever seen. The only critically praised films in there are Harry Potter 7 part 2, The Return of the King and Toy Story 3 and every other film in that list is mediocre at best (Avatar= Smurfs + Dances with Wolves + Pocahontas in space). I liked the fact that The dark Knight was in there but it does in no way diminish my respect for either Nolan or his films. Why should I care, please tell me?

Ugh. Fucking Lucas and his fucking shitty fucking pieces of fuck.

I actually like Phantom Menace, but I hate Jar Jar Binks with a passion (so dumb).

TDK is far superior to Phantom Menace in every single way. So this just makes me :sick:

I didn't think jah jah deserves the hate he receives. I thought his character was good and I liked how he fit into the film. Now the black captain dude that is in charge of the queen; now that's some shitty acting.