Anyone tend to skip bits when watching The Dark Knight

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
Mr. Caine wrote:
Oh boy we got some genius noobs lately
They're definitely getting more annoying.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Mr. Caine wrote:
thedarklordrises wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person who keeps going back to TDK mainly because of The Joker. He is easily by far and away the best thing about the movie. Not that I'm saying the rest of the movie is bad but it's Heath Ledger's performace that made this movie. The rest is just filler IMO.
The rest is filler=masterpiece

Oh boy we got some genius noobs lately
Wow, you're really witty aren't you with your insults? At least I'm making a point. When I talk about the filler parts I'm not saying they're bad. I'm saying that they come secondary to The Joker, to Heath's performance. TDK is all about The Joker and his reign of terror on Gotham.

Yeah I agree! The Dark Joker was really clever in it's...wait WHAAAAAAT?

Mr. Caine wrote:Yeah I agree! The Dark Joker was really clever in it's...wait WHAAAAAAT?
You see that's it, TDK wasn't even about Batman. He's not that important in this movie. I'm sure Nolan thinks the same. It's the first time a Batman movie doesn't have 'Batman' in the title. Batman wasn't a main character in this movie, he was part of an ensemble of which The Joker stole the show. Even Two Face had a bigger role than Batman :lol:

thedarklordrises wrote:I have this on Blu-ray and have seen it dozens of times. But I tend to skip most of it now and just watch Heath Ledger's scenes. Anyone else do this? His performance is absolutely timeless. I tend to skip the Two Face, Gordon, Batman scenes as they I find them quite tedious.
I only watch the scenes with Batman and Joker,all those dicussions are boring,the discussions in BB where way more intresting,because they warent uber-realistic it's sometimes almost like the you watch a documentary about Terrorism.

thedarklordrises wrote:
Nolan4Life wrote:I've never skipped any part of any Nolan film ever. I have far too much respect to pull that shit.
Not even the most boring scenes? I know I tend to skip quite a lot from Nolan's weakest movies Insomnia and Batman Begins. With Batman Begins I tend to skip the first hour of that movie, it is quite slow and tedious. Insomnia was a 'meh' movie, I don't usually skip scenes here. More that I don't watch this as much as the other of Nolan's movies. In fact I've only ever seen it once.
Wait wait wait.......BB isnt boring.But opinion excepted :lol:

BTW:I've never seen a thread with guts like this on NF.

Disgraceful thead.

How can anyone skip bits of such a great movie? I could understand if you were just analyzing certain scenes but skipping makes no sense at all.

NEVER. I've seen TDK 22 times and if I'm not completely ready, I turn it off.

Mahiya_Borden wrote:Disgraceful thead.
It's disgraceful to skip parts of such an amazing film.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."