Anyone think Gary Oldman gave an incredible performance

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
in The Dark Knight? I thought he was incredibly underappreciated. Heath Ledger gets the praise and I agree he was absolutely brilliant. But I don't know if anyone agrees with me that Oldman gave a brilliant performance, so underrated. I've tried saying this to people I know who love The Dark Knight but they seem to think I'm slagging off Heath Ledger by comparing his performance to Oldman's.

I think he gives a fairly similar performance to that in Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. Incredibly understated. My favourite Gordon scenes in The Dark Knight were when he's on the building with Batman, the scene where he's directing orders to clear Gotham General and the ending where he tells his son that 'everything's going to be alright'.

Oldman was great... I think his best moment was.. went he said "I have to save Dent" then batman jumps off the building.

^
Yeah, that line was brilliant. The delievery was pitch perfect, you could see the desperate situation Gordon was in. My absolute favourite scene does still go to the ending though when he has to explain himself to Dent, when he feels absolutely helpless and is about to see his son die.

Gary is brilliant in everything. The finale with Dent was perfection. Amazing.

He needs to win an Oscar, such a good actor.

Dream-Xtractor wrote:He needs to win an Oscar, such a good actor.
+1
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

DoubleD wrote:
Dream-Xtractor wrote:He needs to win an Oscar, such a good actor.
+1
+∞

handsmile wrote:
DoubleD wrote:
+1
+∞
You know, he's such an icon and a talented actor I just always assumed he had one an oscar before I found out he actually hadn't.

This has to be fixed. NOW.

THEY KNEW WE WERE COMING! [/faltering accent]

Gary Oldman is one of my most favourite things about these films, beyond amazing, incredible, whatever.
Do you... like pineapple?

Yeah, Gary Oldman is really great in TDK. "We have to save Dent! I have to save Dent!" is my favorite line from him in the movie, too! And the way he points the gun at Batman... ugh, it's so desperate, so tragic. Gordon knows he's in a shitty situation with the Joker, that's the point where Gordon becomes obsessed with rescuing Dent from the hands of evil. It's one of my favorite moments in TDK.