Joker in TDK vs Joker in the comics

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
Joeyjojo72 wrote:A rare time when the actors received the appropriate amount of praise.
Actually I remember everyone got crazy for Ledger and the Joker... a few reviews focused on the amazing work of Eckhart.
Joeyjojo72 wrote: Saying Eckhart outdit Ledger somehow is just silly. Eckhart did a fine job with the material, but any number of actors could have played the role of "crusading district attorney". And once he became Two-Face, you have to give the fx folks at least half the credit.
add IMHO, cause I don't think this is silly at all. No one of the actors running for the role could have done better than him.

Slask wrote:
Joeyjojo72 wrote:A rare time when the actors received the appropriate amount of praise.
Actually I remember everyone got crazy for Ledger and the Joker... a few reviews focused on the amazing work of Eckhart.
Joeyjojo72 wrote: Saying Eckhart outdit Ledger somehow is just silly. Eckhart did a fine job with the material, but any number of actors could have played the role of "crusading district attorney". And once he became Two-Face, you have to give the fx folks at least half the credit.
add IMHO, cause I don't think this is silly at all. No one of the actors running for the role could have done better than him.

I didn't see Eckhart doing anything special with the role. He was believable, but he didn't go beyond that. He didn't explore interesting ways to play Two Face, which he obviously could have.

Anyone seen this?

I liked the Joker from Batman: The Animated Series the best. I love Mark Hamill's Joker but Ledger comes close.

"When art imitates life"

the only real difference is that one incarnation takes place in a film, which has to end, whereas the other takes place in comic books, which while rooted in the original incarnation, exists the freedom to reinterpret the character endlessly in and outside of canon (practically, since it's obviously way cheaper to make 100 comic books than 100 feature length movies, or at least much faster).

the nolan version contains a lot of elements from the various comic stories (especially The Killing joke), just brought to a logical conclusion because the film needs to make a definitive statement on the character, because they may never get the chance to explore the character in another movie because of box office performance, popular opinion, or of course, the unfortunate Actor Existence Failure, to paraphrase Tv Tropes.

as far as my preference, i'd go with Nolan's take, Batman Animated Series, and The Killing Joke.

aaron wrote:Anyone seen this?

OH MY GOD THAT'S SUPER CREEPY!

Back to topic, I personally believe that Ledger's Joker is the BEST one in any medium, closely followed by Moore's Joker in The Killing Joke.

That being said, if Eckhard were, for example, an 8,5/10 (the mark I think he deserves, as said, I was not memorable by comparision), then Joker would be 15/10. Not joking.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.