Why is Heath Ledger's Joker considered to be so good?

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
Mason wrote:I love how everyone actually bothered to try and discuss things with this obvious troll.
I honestly don't think he's a troll. If he is a troll, he's well trained in the troll-arts. We must alert the Jedi Council in hopes of discovering the identity of this Phantom Menace.

Samsara17 wrote:
Mason wrote:I love how everyone actually bothered to try and discuss things with this obvious troll.
I honestly don't think he's a troll. If he is a troll, he's well trained in the troll-arts. We must alert the Jedi Council in hopes of discovering the identity of this Phantom Menace.
He's either a current member trying to be smart and pissing people off, or an angry, lonely teenager with nothing else better to do than hate on stuff and get people frustrated.

Mason wrote:
Samsara17 wrote: I honestly don't think he's a troll. If he is a troll, he's well trained in the troll-arts. We must alert the Jedi Council in hopes of discovering the identity of this Phantom Menace.
He's either a current member trying to be smart and pissing people off, or an angry, lonely teenager with nothing else better to do than hate on stuff and get people frustrated.
I'm guessing he's more along the lines of...

A) A socially awkward teen
B) Foreign
C) Just not familiar with forum behavior

I've seen so many of these types of people, and he would fit either one of those categories perfectly.

Samsara17 wrote:
B) Foreign

I've seen so many of these types of people, and he would fit either one of those categories perfectly.
Technically, a lot of us here are foreign.

I would genuinely hope he doesn't like Ledger's Joker, that would be an interesting twist.
Do you... like pineapple?

jibran wrote:
Samsara17 wrote:
B) Foreign

Technically, a lot of us here are foreign.

I would genuinely hope he doesn't like Ledger's Joker, that would be an interesting twist.
Well I meant the type of foreigner that isn't too familiar with English and how to speak it while sounding normal.

I've always been amazed though how so many foreign people can speak and act English perfectly, I know I sure as hell could never be able to adapt amongst Spanish speaking people, and I took the damn course through out all of elementary/high school, lol. If I ever learned the language fully and went to Spain, I'd be one of those "awkward foreign dudes" without a doubt.

mchekhov wrote:
CorkyBrian wrote:
What do you mean he is disguising his motives, "Some people just wanna watch the world burn" seems pretty straightforward to me.HE just wants anarchy.And lying is just one of the many methods to reach this kind of evil/anarchy

he lied to the mob. he lied to dent. he lied to gordon and batman.

so if you agree he lies, then you agree he uses disguises. what's your point? this whole argument, if you can even call it that, you've been backing away into a corner.
He lies to get what he wants,but his motives are clear to us

Samsara17 wrote: I've always been amazed though how so many foreign people can speak and act English perfectly, I know I sure as hell could never be able to adapt amongst Spanish speaking people, and I took the damn course through out all of elementary/high school, lol. If I ever learned the language fully and went to Spain, I'd be one of those "awkward foreign dudes" without a doubt.
My school English was horrible too. It took me 10 years of frequent exposure to the language (books, movies) and practice (worked in an international company where all writing and much of the speaking was done in English) to get to an acceptable level.

CorkyBrian wrote:
mchekhov wrote:

he lied to the mob. he lied to dent. he lied to gordon and batman.

so if you agree he lies, then you agree he uses disguises. what's your point? this whole argument, if you can even call it that, you've been backing away into a corner.
He lies to get what he wants,but his motives are clear to us

that's true for Tony...

CorkyBrian wrote:To me it seemed quite decent,nothing too special.
That's because u r an idiot !