Why is Heath Ledger's Joker considered to be so good?

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
Jonas Agersø wrote:He created a character that was so unique that no movie-goer had ever experienced anything like it.
His acting was original, there are no other performance like it. It was fresh and unique.
Heath Ledger's Joker was so complete, that most audience couldn't even see Heath Ledger behind the make-up.. His facial expressions and his voice was so honest that it freaked people out. There is a reason why that performance is so iconic - it was original.

I'm convinced that in 50 years people will look back at this performance and say that it was one one of the best performances of all time. And that aspiring actors will look up to his original take on such a well-known character.
What do you mean his acting was original?Other actors aren't?
I think he acted better in Dr Parnassus because it wasn't so obvious that he was the bad guy,which made it an even harder role
Don't get me wrong,i love Heath,i just think he is a tad overestimated in TDK

TeddyBlass wrote:I'm trying to figure that out. They're being pretty clever about hiding it, which rules out Pete I think.
Track their IP.

What do you mean his acting was original?
If you can't see the originality in it, Ill just go back to my main argument. You're an idiot.
Mason wrote:
TeddyBlass wrote:I'm trying to figure that out. They're being pretty clever about hiding it, which rules out Pete I think.
Track their IP.
if it is someone we know its most likely from a different IP, since I assume Teddy does ip bans around here.
Last edited by Jones on October 25th, 2011, 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CorkyBrian wrote:
Jonas Agersø wrote:He created a character that was so unique that no movie-goer had ever experienced anything like it.
His acting was original, there are no other performance like it. It was fresh and unique.
Heath Ledger's Joker was so complete, that most audience couldn't even see Heath Ledger behind the make-up.. His facial expressions and his voice was so honest that it freaked people out. There is a reason why that performance is so iconic - it was original.

I'm convinced that in 50 years people will look back at this performance and say that it was one one of the best performances of all time. And that aspiring actors will look up to his original take on such a well-known character.
I think he acted better in Dr Parnassus because it wasn't so obvious that he was the bad guy,which made it an even harder role
so you think it shouldnt have been obvious that the joker was the villain?

ok
:roll:

now we know what kind of moron we're dealing with here

mchekhov wrote:
CorkyBrian wrote:

ok

No, what i meant to say is that tony in parnassus disguises his true self, and it isn't that obvious he is the villain, while the joker shows his true nature, the bad guy in him, which makes the character tony harder to play

I think it's RIFA.

Please die.

CorkyBrian wrote:
mchekhov wrote:

ok

No, what i meant to say is that tony in parnassus disguises his true self, and it isn't that obvious he is the villain, while the joker shows his true nature, the bad guy in him, which makes the character tony harder to play

it doesnt make the character harder to play. it just makes you make different choices.

CorkyBrian, my advise to you is to just leave the discussion now. I'm not against you or with you, but you're trying to argue a very, VERY, unfavorable stance amongst the Nolan forum. If you don't think Heath's performance as the Joker isn't anything special, than that's fine, but I assure you, you will not achieve anything other than having people look down upon you if you continue this discussion.

Everyone just ignore him sweet jesus.

-mchekhov 2: Chek Harder