Outburts on Heath Ledger as Joker

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.

After reading it, I pity the people who wrote all of it !
It is like killing them and bringing them back to life and killing them again !

Lol at those people on Superherohype. Some retarded comments, I hope they were hiding in shame after the film came out.

:lol:

It's like this across the board on film forums from '06. What's great is then skipping ahead and seeing comments like "I got owned".

Jude Law, Hugo Weaving, Paul Bettany, or Sam Rockwell
That is a lineup of pure shit. They all would have made terrible jokers. Rockwell would have done the best job of that bunch. Good god that is one awful lineup that guy had.

CaliKid329 wrote:
Jude Law, Hugo Weaving, Paul Bettany, or Sam Rockwell
That is a lineup of pure shit. They all would have made terrible jokers. Rockwell would have done the best job of that bunch. Good god that is one awful lineup that guy had.
They're all decent actors (Sam Rockwell the best) but I can't picture any of them as The Joker. Personally, I think having a young actor worked well.

... and I pity the people who said that Ledger's casting made them feel sick.

Those early comments made me laugh.

It's too bad that this board didn't exist at the time of TDK's production, I am curious how the reactions of NolanFans would have been ...

The reactions were extremely negative when he was first announced. Quite a few people ended up having to eat crow.

I admit I doubted Ledger could pull off the role but he proved me wrong. I remember seeing the first pictures of him as the Joker and I still wasn't convinced that he was the right choice for the part but I had to wait until I saw the film to judge properly. And I was wrong.