missed opportunity

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
talli wrote:
prince0gotham wrote: Do you really think the movie needs this or is it you just wanting to see additional footage of the movie? Or probably a whole other sequel?

You misunderstood me. I'm not advocating for additional or different writing, or more scenes. I'm saying those scenes could have been executed better....played differently by Bale, or directed better by Nolan
You're contradicting yourself. How can you want a better directing without additional/different writing. You don't even suggest anything, you just say something that you think you want without really explaining how you imagine it could've been executed. Go into more detail.

You have a limited imagination mate

There's infinite ways of executing a scene. I think they didn't get the best one for the story. And you can convey any emotion through the body, the mask does hinder anything.

talli wrote:You have a limited imagination mate

There's infinite ways of executing a scene. I think they didn't get the best one for the story. And you can convey any emotion through the body, the mask does hinder anything.
It doesn't hinder anything? IT DOESN'T HINDER ANYTHING????............

you can barely see his mouth, you don't see his nose, his eyes are covered with war paint and u cant see his eyebrows which are very very very very fuckin important for an actor when when he's supposed to express an emotion

and last but not least... he speaks with a fuckin dog-voice and he never breaks it

now, isn't it like... logical that one would thing that that doesn't leave us with a lot of options? And isn't it logical to assume that that's the reason for which we haven't seen him go emotional while wearing that mask?

And any emotion through the body... it's fuckin dark and he has a mantle... he has to get rid of the mantle (ok, it can get burnt or whatevr) for us to see any expressive and recognizeable body language

the only thing one can guess by batman's body while wearing the suit is whether he's hurt or not

that's it

Here's proof of your limited imagination. He has a deep raspy voice..but what if the quality of his voice changes when he confronts the joker.it may come off as Bruce losing control and not being able to handle his feelings.

How come you couldn't think of that?

That's just one example of how it could be done

Think outside the box, little man.

talli wrote:Here's proof of your limited imagination. He has a deep raspy voice..but what if the quality of his voice changes when he confronts the joker.it may come off as Bruce losing control and not being able to handle his feelings.

Yes, ofcourse a lot of things can be done, one of which is HIM TAKING OFF THE MASK (which wouldn't make any sense and neither does the change of voice concidering the circumstances some of which invole a race against time + the fact that there isn't any ponit for Batman to say anything tragicly/sadly emotional to Joker, having in mind that he knows the Joker isn't really HUMAN enough to be hurt by words. He is not vulnerable to such things and batman saying anything like that (because I see you're going towards the tragedy with Rachel) just doesn't make sense, not to mention if he does, he'd maybe reveal some detail about his identity or even a further weakness (because we know he doesn't have the intention to kill him so the Joker knowing something would pose a threat)).

It's funny how you tell me to think outside the box yet you barely give any ideas and barely any arguments that would suggest that you do think outside the box in the first place. So far you're in the position of someone who doesn't really know what he wants.

PS: And btw him losing control or changing his voice requires a change in the script which therefore means that you do request different writing.

talli wrote:Here's proof of your limited imagination. He has a deep raspy voice..but what if the quality of his voice changes when he confronts the joker.it may come off as Bruce losing control and not being able to handle his feelings.

First of all, look who's talking.

Second of all, when Batman talks to Joker while he's hanging upside down, I actually noticed a big difference when he was speaking. "This city just showed you ..." There was so much frustration in his voice during that scene, IMO.

Also, this comes down to Batman's superpower, which has always been his mastery of self-control and determination. He had enough control to make sure he didn't lose it.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

voice alteration wouldn't go in the script. That kind of stuff never goes into a script, atleast not a good one. The script writer should only write dialog and the action, he should never tell the actor how to act a moment. You can't write emotional moments into the script because they have to be created organically by the actor.

It would have to be a spontaneous piece of acting added by Bale. I'm just saying that's something he couldve wound up doing had he realized that the moment has a much deeper dynamic than he thought.

Cilogy wrote:

First of all, look who's talking.

Second of all, when Batman talks to Joker while he's hanging upside down, I actually noticed a big difference when he was speaking. "This city just showed you ..." There was so much frustration in his voice during that scene, IMO.

Also, this comes down to Batman's superpower, which has always been his mastery of self-control and determination. He had enough control to make sure he didn't lose it.
I guess talli wants him to either get his suit all banged up like Spiderman's at the end of the first part...

...or wants Batman to flip out like Spiderman in the third part, being all iiiiiveeelll and stuff.

I agree with everyone else and I think talli is forgetting that the emotionless Batman is part of the character.

Essentially part of an actor’s job is to convey the characters thoughts to the audience. And what Nolan and Bale did in this movie was use Bruce as the character that has to deal with the trauma and problems, while Batman is the one who has to stay as calm and collected as possible and deal with events that unfold. There is a duality to the character that allows him to do what is necessary. Also you can’t forget to protect his identity Bruce has Playboy side where he acts as though he could care less about what is happening in Gotham.

JUSTIN time wrote:I agree with everyone else and I think talli is forgetting that the emotionless Batman is part of the character.

Essentially part of an actor’s job is to convey the characters thoughts to the audience. And what Nolan and Bale did in this movie was use Bruce as the character that has to deal with the trauma and problems, while Batman is the one who has to stay as calm and collected as possible and deal with events that unfold. There is a duality to the character that allows him to do what is necessary. Also you can’t forget to protect his identity Bruce has Playboy side where he acts as though he could care less about what is happening in Gotham.

thats what Bruce aims to do....but sticking by that rule makes him predictable and boring. It'd be interesting if a little bit of Bruce's emotion crept into Batman and he had to FIGHT to keep them subdued...that makes intriguing character development

the rules of batman mean nothing, if you never try to overstep them