What fascinating hints from Nolan's Batman Begins Interview

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
I read this on a Batman Begins interview with Christopher Nolan.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/features/? ... all&p=.htm
BOM: For me, Batman's defining moment is when Lieutenant Gordon says to him, "I never thanked you," and Batman responds: "And you'll never have to." That's the cashing in of everything that's come before because that's when he stands for something—for something honorable…

Nolan: Yes.

BOM: …and he's not just this dark, martyred knight who's defined by torture and suffering…

Nolan: Yes.

BOM: …whereas in so many movies, the evil is more interesting, more compelling, than the good…

Nolan: Definitely. Yet the immediate response to Batman's standing up for what's good is a proportional escalation of evil, and that's not philosophical—it's not that it will always be that way—it's about how bad things have to get before things become good. Batman is positive, but I believe that, in the first couple of years, he's going to find an increasingly negative response from society, because the truth is that, when you have a powerful, negative city like Gotham, it didn't become corrupt by accident, and those entrenched people are going to respond very vigorously.

BOM: Sounds like a good sequel.

Nolan: Absolutely. And that's the point of the final scene. That [fighting evil] is not going to be easy. It's going to get harder.
First of. WOW! When you read this and you know how The Dark Knight came to be... it's very interesting to note how the sequel follows that same vision.

Nolan's made good on his promises.

I love Nolan. Simply that. :P

Goes to show that he knows what he's working with and not just winging it.