2019 IMAX re-release for Batman's 80th Birthday

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
Ace
https://www.thewrap.com/the-dark-knight ... ssion=true

All three of Christopher Nolan’s Batman films starring Christian Bale, a.k.a. “The Dark Knight” trilogy, are returning to IMAX screens and on 70mm film for a five-city, special engagement starting at the end of the month, Warner Bros.’ president of domestic distribution Jeff Goldstein announced Tuesday.

The first stop on the tour will take place on March 30 at the Universal Cinema AMC at CityWalk Hollywood. Warner Bros. will screen 2005’s “Batman Begins,” 2008’s “The Dark Knight” and 2012’s “The Dark Knight Rises” back-to-back-to-back. Then between the second and third films, Nolan will join the audience for a moderated Q&A discussion on the movies.

On April 13, the trilogy will screen at AMC Lincoln Square in New York City and AMC Metreon in San Francisco, followed by Cinesphere Ontario Place, Toronto, and IMAX Theatre at the Indiana State Museum, Indianapolis, on April 20. Each of the subsequent screenings will be accompanied by the footage of Nolan’s Los Angeles Q&A.

The films will screen on IMAX 70mm in all five cities. Nolan used IMAX cameras to shoot both “The Dark Knight” and “The Dark Knight Rises.”

“Christopher Nolan broke new ground with the ‘Dark Knight’ trilogy, and this is a rare chance for today’s audiences to experience these extraordinary films as they were meant to be seen,” Goldstein said in a statement. “To have the added privilege of hearing Chris’s insights firsthand makes this a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.”

Tickets for all events will go on sale Wednesday at 9 a.m. PT, and moviegoers who acquire tickets for all three films will receive a lanyard and special “Dark Knight” trilogy collectible.

Oh man, I so want to be at the SF Metreon April 13th! Too bad Nolan won't be there for that one.

I must get tickets! I wonder if these qualify for AMC Stubs A-List members.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
March 12th, 2019, 1:41 pm
Oh man, I so want to be at the SF Metreon April 13th! Too bad Nolan won't be there for that one.

I got my tickets for the anniversary back in August at SF Metreon via A-List. But some events usually don't qualify. I'm hoping this will because it's three films, the quota for the week.

TeddyBlass wrote:
March 12th, 2019, 8:25 pm
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:

I got my tickets for the anniversary back in August at SF Metreon via A-List. But some events usually don't qualify. I'm hoping this will because it's three films, the quota for the week.
So did I, that's what got me to join A-List in the first place (because the IMAX ticket was more expensive than joining, if that makes sense).

This may not qualify, though. When the Best Picture Oscar nominees marathoned on separate Saturdays, they were exempt from A-Listers.

Are they also doing regular 70mm re-release or 70mm/IMAX only?

Nomis wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 10:01 am
Based on the locations they mentioned, I'm going to assume it's 70mm IMAX only. But I have no idea.

So ticket sales are today, correct?

Nomis wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 10:01 am
70mm IMAX

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
This may not qualify, though. When the Best Picture Oscar nominees marathoned on separate Saturdays, they were exempt from A-Listers.
Just checked the AMC app. Does not qualify for A-List :cry:

Appreciated, thanks.

Somebody told me this is Batman's 80th anniversary, by the way, and the true reason for the re-release that that article doesn't mention.

EDIT: Aaand now as I go onto the AMC website, apparently they promote that immediately lol.

It's live.

Um, so it's $80. I purchased one, but hot damn. Even single new movies aren't 1/3 that price in IMAX. If Nolan was a part of the SF one, then hell yes I'd do it (and I realize we get to see the Los Angeles Q&A, but it's not quite the same). Even still, I got prime seating positioning right where I want.

I may return it if I get like a $100 offer on Craigslist or something.

I tried to get tix for LA but they went live 10 minutes early and all of the good seats disappeared. Not going to do San Fran for $80 a head. :cry: