2019 IMAX re-release for Batman's 80th Birthday

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
TeddyBlass wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 12:22 pm
I tried to get tix for LA but they went live 10 minutes early and all of the good seats disappeared. Not going to do San Fran for $80 a head. :cry:
Sorry to hear! Yeah, I had the page on auto-refresh and learned from them selling them several minutes early in July for the August TDK IMAX showing.

Would've been happy to meet you if you went to the SF showing. In fact, if anyone is going to that showing, that'll compel me more to keep my ticket to meet some of you!

How expensive were they in LA?
Last edited by MuffinMcFluffin on March 13th, 2019, 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 12:45 pm
TeddyBlass wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 12:22 pm
I tried to get tix for LA but they went live 10 minutes early and all of the good seats disappeared. Not going to do San Fran for $80 a head. :cry:
Sorry to hear! Yeah, I had the page on auto-refresh and learned from them selling them several minutes early in July for the August TDK IMAX showing.

How expensive were they in LA?
$80

Got it. It sounded kind of like you were saying that SF was more expensive or something.

By the way, here is the current seating available in SF. All of the good ones are gone now. Mine is boxed in red.

Two people who chose the front either thought it was the back, or haven't ever been in an IMAX theater before. :lol:

Nice seat! I was exactly a row behind that for TDK in August.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:Got it. It sounded kind of like you were saying that SF was more expensive or something.
It was more of a "$80 is well worth it to see the live q&a but maybe not just the films alone" tone. If I hadn't just seen TDK in IMAX, this would be a lot more appealing.

TeddyBlass wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 1:01 pm
Nice seat! I was exactly a row behind that for TDK in August.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:Got it. It sounded kind of like you were saying that SF was more expensive or something.
It was more of a "$80 is well worth it to see the live q&a but maybe not just the films alone" tone. If I hadn't just seen TDK in IMAX, this would be a lot more appealing.
Oh, I definitely agree. Like I said, the Nolan session would be epic and well worth $80 to experience live.

Otherwise, I don't know how they can justify charging more than $50 from a value standpoint. Obviously, supply & demand kick in here and you can see they will fill up the seats for this limited engagement, but it's a value principle here that is being ignored when Nolan isn't actually appearing here.

And I was thinking of choosing one row back, as well. I just didn't want to be slightly under the overhang that the projector room is in, and I can't remember if that row is under it or not. Not that it cuts off the screen, but it does take me out of the immersion only slightly if it's in my peripheral view. Anywhere around the center and in the back four rows are the sweet spot for me, though.

I plan on going Saturday in San Francisco. The site says it lasts 10 hours 45 minutes.

Anyone else going to one of these? Anyone check out the one in LA?

What an amazing day. We also got little souvenirs: an itinerary badge and a thick metallic batarang encased in its own little box.

The Nolan Q&A was very "meh." It was just somebody interviewing him (Pete Hammond, to be precise) for twelve minutes in front of the LA audience. I thought the fans maybe got to ask questions and interact with him, but nah.

TDK looks spellbinding in IMAX. My Blu-ray is shit compared to it lol.

The fans ate up the entire trilogy. Unfortunately I had a guy next to me mouthing all the lines and gesturing everything from everybody; equally as sadly, I knew the cues as well as he did, but just didn't mimic them as the movie went.