"5 dead, 2 of them cops"

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
I'm sorry, but for the life of me I just cannot figure this out (haven't found a thread on this either).

I've seen TDK more than 20 times and every time I try to find these people whose deaths could be hanged around Batman's neck I completely lose myself.

For Batman to successfully take the blame on this, the deaths would have to be directly associated with Dent (meaning their deaths would have to be because of Harvey's actions for Gotham to believe that Harvey didn't kill those people).

The only proven deaths by Harvey:
1. Wuertz
2. Maroni
3. Maroni's driver

Impossible to tie to Harvey:
1. Ramirez
2. the cop in the hospital shot by The Joker when disguised as a nurse
3. anyone else the Joker actually killed
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Ramirez was punched in the face by Harvey, she wasn't killed. :P
2. the cop in the hospital shot by The Joker when disguised as a nurse
This could be tied to Harvey. The cop was killed in his hospital room even though it wasn't Harvey himself who shot him.

chee wrote:Ramirez was punched in the face by Harvey, she wasn't killed. :P
Yeah I know, I should have clarified that too.
This could be tied to Harvey. The cop was killed in his hospital room even though it wasn't Harvey himself who shot him.
But wouldn't tie back to The Joker?

The cop who goes into the hospital was looking for "Davis," but he could have been killed by the Joker as well. That would make it 3 cops (hospital cop, Davis, and Wuertz).

I don't see how it would tie to the Joker. Nobody really knew he was in there except Harvey.

chee wrote:I don't see how it would tie to the Joker. Nobody really knew he was in there except Harvey.
Okay that makes sense.

But at this point it's still 3 cops.

Did Nolan say that he would explain it in Batman 3? I remember seeing a quote about that. :think:

steveportee wrote:1. Wuertz
2. Maroni
3. Maroni's driver
4. Cop in hospital room
5. Maroni's thug/body guard

Watch closely at about 3 seconds into this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp-yeuRD ... re=related
You see Harvey grab one of Maroni's thugs from behind
Yea, that makes sense.

chee wrote:Did Nolan say that he would explain it in Batman 3? I remember seeing a quote about that. :think:
Yes, there is a quote on IMDb FAQ of TDK. (A lot of initials.) But doesn't Nolan have to recast Eckhart as Two-Face in TDKR to explain it? Or can he do it without Eckhart?

Mr.Hmmm wrote:
chee wrote:Did Nolan say that he would explain it in Batman 3? I remember seeing a quote about that. :think:
Yes, there is a quote on IMDb FAQ of TDK. (A lot of initials.) But doesn't Nolan have to recast Eckhart as Two-Face in TDKR to explain it? Or can he do it without Eckhart?
Probably without Eckhart. Gordon, or another cop, can explain it.