Who's going to see it again for the re-release?

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
I'm sure most of you know that Warner Bros is re-releasing The Dark Knight at IMAX and traditional theaters on Jan 23, and if you didn't - know you know. ;)

So who's going?

Hi, I'm sure I'm gonna watch it once again... in fact, I saw the movie 7 times already, but it's too good, so... it won't be a problem for me to sit it through once more.

By the way, I'm from Hungary and I just found this forum and fansite on the Internet. I'm a very-very big fan of Chris Nolan and all of his movies, in fact, he's one of my role models. He's a genious in my eyes, all of his movies are perfect. I'm trying to be unbiased, but it won't be easy:-D

So, I'm glad to see a fansite like this. And I'm glad to see that The Dark Knight is going to be re-released in my country also!

I saw TDK 4 times, and all 4 in IMAX theaters.

I have the DVD but haven't watched it yet. I am going to IMAX again on the 23rd. Possibly twice while it's still in IMAX.

:D

Did u get a chance to see it in IMAX over there in Hungary?

We have an IMAX theatre in Hungary, it was opened nearly a year ago, but they haven't played TDK there... I don't know, why :(

In "normal" cinemas I saw the film 5 times, and on DVD twice. I saw it every time with Hungarian subtitles, but it's so disastrous that last time I watched the film with english subtitles :D

SPOILER

In the last scene, where Dent holds the gun on Gordon's son, Batman says: "Don't hurt the boy, Harvey!". And the Hungarian subtitles says: "Dont hurt my boy, Harvey!". That's pathetic :D And that's just one example!

I guess the subtitle could have been worse! :lol:

Yeah, sure, but it's very annoying, so...

Although the film wasn't played in IMAX here, there was still a big excitement around the movie, and I really enjoyed it. I remember sitting through the whole night just because the new trailer was coming out, and many people gone to the cinemas with Joker make-up. I made a T-Shirt with my bare hands ( :D ) with the "Why so serious?" line on it, and I wore that when I first saw TDK in the theater... I really liked this hype around the film.

In the states they played the opening 6-minute prologue in IMAX before the movie I Am Legend (7 months before TDK was released.) The atmosphere in that theater was tense. People were so excited! They were all there for The Dark Knight prologue and not I Am Legend! lol.

And the IMAX theater was handing out real print copies of The Gotham Times newspaper. It was soo cool.

I saw The Dark Knight three times at IMAX and the experience was incredible. Like you said, the overall excitement around the first night of the film's release was purely awesome. Waiting in line for the theater doors to open, hanging out with a ton of people dressed as Batman, the Joker, people getting face paintings done. It was amazing.

I'm really excited about this re-release and I'm definitely going to see this movie again at IMAX atleast another two times. Hopefully by mid-2009, Blu-ray palyers with be cheap enough and I'll watch it again on Blu-ray. Normally, as an average movie-goer, I wouldn't get into a film as much as I did for TDK, but this film has changed all of that - Christopher Nolan is the man behind this film's awesomeness.

TeddyBlass wrote:In the states they played the opening 6-minute prologue in IMAX before the movie I Am Legend (7 months before TDK was released.) The atmosphere in that theater was tense. People were so excited! They were all there for The Dark Knight prologue and not I Am Legend! lol.

And the IMAX theater was handing out real print copies of The Gotham Times newspaper. It was soo cool.
Yeah, I know, me and a lot of other people gathered together at a Hungarian forum and talked about TDK for about 2 years, and we were very sad that these Gotham Times newspapers weren't published here :D We followed the viral marketing of the film too, so it was an incredible experience.

DHOPW42 wrote:Yeah, I know, me and a lot of other people gathered together at a Hungarian forum and talked about TDK for about 2 years, and we were very sad that these Gotham Times newspapers weren't published here :D We followed the viral marketing of the film too, so it was an incredible experience.
Yea, I was half-expecting to see some Gotham Times newspapers for the release of TDK at IMAX. I made the mistake of seeing I am Legend at a traditional movie theater, so I missed out on the Gotham Times papers altogether.

Would you mind providing a link to that forum you mentioned? Are they still around?