If TDK had Katie Holmes, it'd be the best film of all time

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
Since I saw TDK before Begins I always felt that Maggie was a better fit for the role. I also thought that Katie's acting wasn't very good. She made sense as the 'friend since youth'-part but she was anything but convincing as a D.A. Something that, IMHO, Maggie did pull off.

Anyway, it's not something we should worry about. She won't be in TDKR.

Maggie is a better actress. Holmes is prettier. That's it. :batface:

MMatt wrote:Yeah, i hate recasting. No matter if the replacement is a better actor or not.

:P

But you can't blame Nolan, he wanted Katie back. It's all Tom Cruise's fault apparently, ha.
I love this gif!! Really well made! :twothumbsup: to anyone who made it :)
I also believe it's mostly Tom's fault she wasn't in TDK, but she shouldn't have married him and accepted his scientologist bullshit in the first place.

About their actings. As many of you the re-casting was a problem for me too in TDK. Not that I didn't like Maggie but mostly because I had some problems realizing she was Rachel in the beginning :lol: I mean, the fact that they changed the actress, it's hard to tell yourself that it's the same person than in the other movie. Maybe it's also one of the reasons why I didn't mind her dying in TDK. That said, I agree that Maggie played better the D.A and Katie played better the "childhood friend" part, she seemed closer to Bruce. Anyway, now after watching BB and TDK several times it's getting easier for me to tell myself that it's the same person ;)

Maggie is def a better actress, but I didn't find her particularly attractive in TDK (sorry for being shallow). I would have preferred Katie just for continuity purposes , but neither of them really hit the mark. They should have found a better actress to play the role to begin with, it's sort of an important character ;) .

papap47 wrote:Maggie is a better actress. Holmes is prettier. That's it. :batface:
Maggie is a bad BAD actress.

Both girls were garbage.

I would have settled fo Ellen Page.

Unclemao wrote:Both girls were garbage.

I would have settled fo Ellen Page.
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
I can't imagine Ellen Page in this scene.
snapshot20110319213858.jpg
gib sigs

She looks young for the role, but I could actually see that.

Pfff, I like Maggie.

Eva Green should've been Rachel. End of story.