The Joker racist?

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
I just noticed pretty much everyone he kills in TDK is African American. Lets count em. The magic trick participant. Gamble and his two crew members he stabs. The cop he blast while in the semi. The cop he shoots in the hospital. Plus he kills commissioner loeb. Thats seven. I know there are more people he kills but the number of African Americans is greater.

I know this just happened because of casting but I still think its kinda funny/odd how many black folks he kills.
Say Girl

+ one Italian'ish mob-boss :)
So he is a racist gay clown with a potato peeler.
"Everything that doesn't kill you simply makes you.. stranger." So how many times was the Joker near death on this one? :lol:

Yeah. Maybe he was peeling potatoes and he was molested by a black dude?
haha
Say Girl

Haha, a lot of people pointed that out when the movie came out.

Redsmile wrote:I just noticed pretty much everyone he kills in TDK is African American. Lets count em. The magic trick participant. Gamble and his two crew members he stabs. The cop he blast while in the semi. The cop he shoots in the hospital. Plus he kills commissioner loeb. Thats seven. I know there are more people he kills but the number of African Americans is greater.

I know this just happened because of casting but I still think its kinda funny/odd how many black folks he kills.
:think:

I honestly think too much is read into that. You can obviously have your own interpretations of the exposition, but I would have to disagree. Those were just the people who was in his way, he would have killed the characters off regardless of what their skin complexion was.

Yeah, looking back that feels wiered, but I doubt the Nolan brothers meant for it to happen.

NothinButM wrote:I honestly think too much is read into that. You can obviously have your own interpretations of the exposition, but I would have to disagree. Those were just the people who was in his way, he would have killed the characters off regardless of what their skin complexion was.
were in his way.*

Ugh, I hate typos. My bad

Yeah

THIS WAS A JOKE

I don't really thing The Joker was racist
Say Girl

Never crossed my mind.