What if Ledger didn't die?

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
solo2001 wrote:
Cilogy wrote: I'm guessing your bedroom is below sea level ... :think:
This was sarcasm... Hopefully that got through :wave:
No it didn't :lol:

Nevermind then.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

overman, you do realize that if they had recast the joker, it would simply create a discontinuation, because it would be impossible for another actor to play the joker the way heath did.....there would be a discrepancy...and the joker that you would want to see return for the 3rd movie, simply wouldnt be there...it would be an entirely different beast

talli wrote:overman, you do realize that if they had recast the joker, it would simply create a discontinuation, because it would be impossible for another actor to play the joker the way heath did.....there would be a discrepancy...and the joker that you would want to see return for the 3rd movie, simply wouldnt be there...it would be an entirely different beast
+1

talli wrote:overman, you do realize that if they had recast the joker, it would simply create a discontinuation, because it would be impossible for another actor to play the joker the way heath did.....there would be a discrepancy...and the joker that you would want to see return for the 3rd movie, simply wouldnt be there...it would be an entirely different beast
and do you know that characters are supposed to evolve or change, is the nature of storytelling why don't you o ask Nolan if he's not recasting the joker because no actor in the world could do it the way Ledger did or if it was because he wasn't comfortable for X or Y personal reasons, you're argument is the kind of thing someone that can't get out of the Heath Ledger box would say, it has nothing to do with discontinuation, I think even you know that's bullshit, whatever the joker could have been at the third film is a result of what happened on the second film, thus it wouldn't be the same thing, I know you're in love with Heath to death but... C'mon!

OVERMAN wrote:
and do you know that characters are supposed to evolve or change, is the nature of storytelling why don't you o ask Nolan if he's not recasting the joker because no actor in the world could do it the way Ledger did or if it was because he wasn't comfortable for X or Y personal reasons, you're argument is the kind of thing someone that can't get out of the Heath Ledger box would say, it has nothing to do with discontinuation, I think even you know that's bullshit, whatever the joker could have been at the third film is a result of what happened on the second film, thus it wouldn't be the same thing, I know you're in love with Heath to death but... C'mon!
no, i'm speaking objectively....yes the joker could evolve, in the aspect of his psychology, but what about his physicality? his mannerisms, gestures, facial ticks....those were born out of Heath's subconscious...they were organic...how could another actor make something organic that's not his? it's impossible.

I'm not saying there are no actors out theere that couldnt do an amazing take on the joker....i'm saying they can't do what Heath did, just as he can't do what somebody else does...acting is an individual thing

ha ha ha let's give imagination a little chance OK?, it was the reason why Ledger got that job in the first place...

Who do you think could do it?

OVERMAN wrote:ha ha ha let's give imagination a little chance OK?, it was the reason why Ledger got that job in the first place...

yes, but imagination is individual...my imagination is different from yours, and so on...that's why when you see actors do a role in theater that many others have done, its usually different....atleast the good ones...if they suck, they usually copy what actors before them have done...and its never impressive, it never feels unique, it never feels spontaneous, it feels dead

I think your imagination or peace of mind pretty much spins around the fact that this actor Ledger is some sort of God, do really think any director with common sense would hire someone who can only copy what this guy did on the last movie, once again there are many actors who could bring something new and unique, beyond the fact that Ledger brought the gestures and the laugh and the individuality to that acting in that movie, this character was also written in pages, it was worked, constructed also with the filmmakers from the same pages of the same story, it wasn't magically created by one man, some time ago Nolan sat with this guy and told him exactly what he had in mind, he trusted he could do the job same way he trusts many other actors in other projects, sadly people like you believe The Dark Knight is a good movie mainly because of Heath Ledger, it isn't.
Start considering that now we start a different phase, there is a story and three movies, Christopher Nolan knows that and if he isn't recasting the joker is merely for personal (emotional) reasons, not because he's someone like you.

OVERMAN wrote:I think your imagination or peace of mind pretty much spins around the fact that this actor Ledger is some sort of God, do really think any director with common sense would hire someone who can only copy what this guy did on the last movie, once again there are many actors who could bring something new and unique, beyond the fact that Ledger brought the gestures and the laugh and the individuality to that acting in that movie, this character was also written in pages, it was worked, constructed also with the filmmakers from the same pages of the same story, it wasn't magically created by one man, some time ago Nolan sat with this guy and told him exactly what he had in mind,

it wasn't written on the pages....just the lines....its how the actor's imagination works up an image of a character around those lines and those rhythms within the dialogue that shapes the character...the director influences...but HOW you interpret the director's suggestions ALSO depends on your individuality and imagination. You keep overlooking what I'm saying to you....I'm not doubting that many can create a brilliant joker...they can't create the one Heath made....as he can't create the ones any of them would.