Favorite scene - The Dark Knight

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
Code_R wrote:The Harvey Dent realisation in the hospital - the one with no sound. Sooo good.
Yeah, I love that part as well. Perfect.

This moment gave me shivers down my spine!

JokerTV21 wrote:This moment gave me shivers down my spine!
Yeah, me too!

- Chase scene (I like this one guy in the one SWAT car who talks to his driver and he never answers, I ever thoght that this is a men from the Joker... :think: )
- The interrogation scene
- The scene where Dent almost killed Gordons children :( :oldmanface:
- The end

Hi guys, I wanted to ask a question about a certain scene in The Dark Knight!

After Harvey turns himself in as Batman he's being transferred with the SWAT van to another place. When the cops bring him out of his temporary cell at MCU, Rachel goes up to him and tries to convince Harvey to tell everyone the truth (that he's not the Batman). And in this scene there's this particular shot when Harvey and Rachel walks down the stairs and in the background the cops (colleagues of "the late" Gordon) are clapping at Harvey.

I've never figured out why they are clapping, and most importantly: in what "mood". I mean are they angry at Harvey, who they think is Batman, or are they truly applauding him? Is this some kind of a mocking applause (like the one Joker did when Gordon got appointed as commissioner) or is this real praising? I've never figured that out :D

DHOPW42 wrote:Hi guys, I wanted to ask a question about a certain scene in The Dark Knight!

After Harvey turns himself in as Batman he's being transferred with the SWAT van to another place. When the cops bring him out of his temporary cell at MCU, Rachel goes up to him and tries to convince Harvey to tell everyone the truth (that he's not the Batman). And in this scene there's this particular shot when Harvey and Rachel walks down the stairs and in the background the cops (colleagues of "the late" Gordon) are clapping at Harvey.

I've never figured out why they are clapping, and most importantly: in what "mood". I mean are they angry at Harvey, who they think is Batman, or are they truly applauding him? Is this some kind of a mocking applause (like the one Joker did when Gordon got appointed as commissioner) or is this real praising? I've never figured that out :D
I always took it to mean that the ones who were clapping were applauding him for putting himself on the line. If you look closely, you'll see Wuertz just standing there looking not so thrilled, whereas Gordon's (Lieutenant?), Stevens, looks to be genuinely applauding Harvey. Harvey even notices Wuertz's reaction if you watch closely.

Good question! I've always wondered that too. Some of them don't look too pleased but on the other hand I don't think they would clap if they thought that he was a bad person.

jcvargas09 wrote:
DHOPW42 wrote:Hi guys, I wanted to ask a question about a certain scene in The Dark Knight!

I always took it to mean that the ones who were clapping were applauding him for putting himself on the line. If you look closely, you'll see Wuertz just standing there looking not so thrilled, whereas Gordon's (Lieutenant?), Stevens, looks to be genuinely applauding Harvey. Harvey even notices Wuertz's reaction if you watch closely.
Wow, I've never noticed that :o Next time I'll look into that!

It's Detective Stephens in particular who made me wonder. His countenance isn't obvious, on one hand he seems angry and mocking Harvey and on the other hand he could look like he's respecting Harvey :D But thanks for the answers!

The interrogation scene.

AceGrayson wrote:The interrogation scene.
I'm pretty disappointed in the last confrontation with The Joker to be honest, as the entire interrogation seemed so much more intense, well-written, and defining for both characters.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
AceGrayson wrote:The interrogation scene.
I'm pretty disappointed in the last confrontation with The Joker to be honest, as the entire interrogation seemed so much more intense, well-written, and defining for both characters.

-Vader
Well, when at the end of the movie the Joker mentions Harvey's name, that look on Batman face is priceless. He just realizes that he - the Batman - has lost the battle with the Joker. He just realizes that the Joker's plan was to bring out Harvey's evil self, and he succeeded in this plan. It's really a great moment.