No Nolan Commentary?

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
I remember hearing a lot of talk about Chris not having a commentary on TDK, and I can't remember why he didn't do it. Do any of you know why? He's done them on many of his earlier pictures, I can't remember why he chose to do it (is there any hope he will ever do one?). Do any of you know his "rules" for commentating his films? I saw he didn't do one on the Prestige because of not wanting to confuse audiences because of the complexity of the story. Also,

Do you think he'll do one for Inception?

i hope he does
i think he will because it's his life project really
only time will tell

No.

Here's a quote from a Nolan interview from a while back.

http://www.scottholleran.com/interviews ... -nolan.htm

Box Office Mojo: Why didn’t you provide an audio commentary for the Batman Begins DVD?
Nolan: I hate doing commentaries. I’ve done them on my other films because in each case they came up with a reason or an interesting way to do it. Insomnia was in production. For Following, I was just talking about how to make a film. As for talking about artistic interpretation, if you will, you can’t possibly do that until the film has had its wings—because the film is not complete until it’s had an audience. There’s nothing more mortifying than to watch these commentaries on movies they’ve done before the movie’s come out because you don’t [really] know what the movie was [and how it played before those it was created to serve]. The movie’s not finished until it’s in front of an audience.

He said in another interview that he didn't do a commentary track for The Prestige because it would ruin the illusion or something to that effect. He also compared filmmaking to magic.

Inception may be a wild card since it is such a deeply personal project.

Is better like that, a true artist leaves his art to the audience interpretation.

I do agree that it's better that he doesn't. However I do have to confess to wanting to hear what he has to say. Perhaps with the way they do commentaries on blu-ray - in person with the integrated behind the scenes footage like Guy Ritchie in Sherlock Holmes.

The Dark Knight (or at least the blu-ray version) has about a hour of behind-the-scenes stuff that Nolan commentates on.

George wrote:The Dark Knight (or at least the blu-ray version) has about a hour of behind-the-scenes stuff that Nolan commentates on.
I'd love to get the Blu-Ray version but I'm kind of scared too because I'm afraid that Warner will come out with another edition since the special features were so barebones.

Since Nolan is against commentaries, I do agree with his reasoning, the reason I watch them though is for actor/director interaction and the funny shit that ensues and not the "secrets" of the film.

I would have loved a Bale, Nolan, Cain commentary where they just talk about stupid things on set, etc.

More along the Mallrats, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang commentaries than Blow.

I don't listen to commentaries anyways, they are distracting. I have only listened to Following's commentary in full.