TDK Dialogue

Christopher Nolan's 2008 mega success about Batman's attempts to defeat a criminal mastermind known only as the Joker.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a troll. I loved The Dark Knight. However, the only problems I have with it are the dialogue that now and again pops up and completely makes me cringe. Such dialogue as:

'What's the difference between you and me?' 'I'm not wearing hockey pads!'
'Wait, is that a bazooka?' 'I didn't sign up for this!'
(Helicopter scene) 'That's not good.' 'Okay, that's not good!!'

Again, this is really minor, and many people on here will most likely disagree with me, but for me it really spoils what could have been a PERFECT movie.

Anyone else agree?

(p.s. oh, and also, why is the CGI, considering the budget and the year of filming, so obvious whenever it is used?)

I'm sounding like a troll, I'm sorry.

robboadam31 wrote:Don't get me wrong, I'm not a troll. I loved The Dark Knight. However, the only problems I have with it are the dialogue that now and again pops up and completely makes me cringe. Such dialogue as:

Again, this is really minor, and many people on here will most likely disagree with me, but for me it really spoils what could have been a PERFECT movie.

Anyone else agree?

(p.s. oh, and also, why is the CGI, considering the budget and the year of filming, so obvious whenever it is used?)

I kind fo agree with you on the dialogue part, but I look at it as these guys that have the laymen dialogue, are laymen. They are throw away characters and I feel like the lines they have are lines normal people would have delivered by normal people most of the time. They're also one of the more comic bookish parts of this movie. They are also quips, which give a bit of comic brevity to a very dark movie. They don't really bother me that much. That said, I see what you're saying.

Examples of the CGI? That's never bothered me. For example, Dent's face is absolutely fantastically done.

Nolanoscopy wrote:
Examples of the CGI? That's never bothered me. For example, Dent's face is absolutely fantastically done.
Dent's face is fantastic, granted. But such parts as the helicopter scene, bat pod flipping roud, bus crashing through bank (seems to be going too quickly), and the actual part where Dent gets burnt.

It's not that they're dreadful, and it's so small that most people wouldn't even notice, but I just think in the hands of cgi companies such as weta those scenes would have been much less hard to spot. Or maybe not. Could've been worse, I guess.

I'm trying to think of other scenes, and I feel as though there are more, but I'm literally thinking on the spot here. Inception cgi just seemed so much more professional and not obvious one bit.

robboadam31 wrote:
Nolanoscopy wrote:
Dent's face is fantastic, granted. But such parts as the helicopter scene, bat pod flipping roud, bus crashing through bank (seems to be going too quickly), and the actual part where Dent gets burnt.

It's not that they're dreadful, and it's so small that most people wouldn't even notice, but I just think in the hands of cgi companies such as weta those scenes would have been much less hard to spot. Or maybe not. Could've been worse, I guess.

I'm trying to think of other scenes, and I feel as though there are more, but I'm literally thinking on the spot here. Inception cgi just seemed so much more professional and not obvious one bit.
Literally none of the scenes you metion have ever bothered me. In fact, the CGI in TDK is absolutely great, and it could be sooooooooo much worse.

robboadam31 wrote:I'm trying to think of other scenes, and I feel as though there are more, but I'm literally thinking on the spot here. Inception cgi just seemed so much more professional and not obvious one bit.
The CGI in TDK never seemed out of place in my eyes. OTOH, the shot where Ariadne breaks that massive mirror by her touch always bothered me because the falling shards were "obviously" computer-generated.

You're right when you say they're all just minor quibbles. It's not something systemic, for sure.

The bus was a practical effect, not cgi.

-Vader

robboadam31 wrote:Don't get me wrong, I'm not a troll. I loved The Dark Knight. However, the only problems I have with it are the dialogue that now and again pops up and completely makes me cringe. Such dialogue as:

Anyone else agree?

I dunno man. The hockey pads line is one of my favorites. It's hilarious. (But I'm sure you guessed that already.)

NotWearingHockeyPads wrote:

Anyone else agree?

I dunno man. The hockey pads line is one of my favorites. It's hilarious. (But I'm sure you guessed that already.)
I always thought he said "hockey pants" until my friend corrected me. Honestly, pads makes more sense and is in fact what he says but I still hear "pants" everytime lol

NotWearingHockeyPads wrote:

Anyone else agree?

Haha. Can't really argue with a user who's name is the quote. It may be his voice that's the worst bit about it, but compared to the great dialogue of the rest of the movie, it's these scenes that just seemed a little clunky and cheesy.

The only bit of dialogue that really bothered me is the end of the construction building scene. Specifically:

"This city just SHOWED YOU that it's FULL OF PEOPLE. . . ready to BELIEVE in GOOD!" Really came across as. . . bad. There was also another line, I can't really say the writing is bad because I frankly can't understand it.

"You'll pee in a pot of gel forever!" That's the only time Christian Bale's voice really bothered me. Even if you were to correct me (and by all means go ahead), I'd still hear it as that.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender