Book versus Film

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.
Robbman wrote:
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:I'm thinking about reading the book. For those who have read it do you recommend it?
I loved it, so yeah I recommend it. It made me want to read more by Christopher Priest.. he's written some good stuff, but I think The Prestige is easily the best out of the three I've read. Hard to say if the movie made me like it more or not, to be honest. What was cool is how different it was, and trying to figure out if Nolan meant the same thing that the author did in places and story.
Thanks for the info.

Anyone else?

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
Robbman wrote:
I loved it, so yeah I recommend it. It made me want to read more by Christopher Priest.. he's written some good stuff, but I think The Prestige is easily the best out of the three I've read. Hard to say if the movie made me like it more or not, to be honest. What was cool is how different it was, and trying to figure out if Nolan meant the same thing that the author did in places and story.
Thanks for the info.

Anyone else?
Yes,I highly recommend reading it.Its one of my fav. books of all time.

Just some random statements:

I love the fact Nolan decided to get rid of Angier's affair to make us try and side with him. At first... Very smart. :clap:

While it's interesting that Borden and Angier used to be semi-partners to make the obsession more intimate, I'd prefer the seance meeting as a way to get these complete opposites to meet, and slowly realise they are the same.

It would be nice to see a three hour cut with the present scenes in there. Especially when the grandson of Angier throws Borden's great grandson in the box...

Brilliant book, brilliant movie.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
Robbman wrote:
Thanks for the info.

Anyone else?
Somethings are different, some big things, actually, but the book, in my opinion, is better than the movie. I love the book, and I hunk that I ties up some loose ends that the movie leaves open.

I wanna read this book. Let's hope it's not as boring as The Inverted World though.

Flying Rodent wrote:I wanna read this book. Let's hope it's not as boring as The Inverted World though.
It's a great great book but chris made it even better.

Mr. Caine wrote:
Flying Rodent wrote:I wanna read this book. Let's hope it's not as boring as The Inverted World though.
It's a great great book but chris made it even better.
:shock: Forgot about the book! Wow, thanks, I'll pick it up today! And... I need to watch it again.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:I'm thinking about reading the book. For those who have read it do you recommend it?
Oh yeah, it's very well written. I would say it's a must read for any Nolan Fan. :)

According to Wikipedia-
Author Christopher Priest saw the film three times as of January 5, 2007, and his reaction was " 'Well, holy shit.' I was thinking, 'God, I like that,' and 'Oh, I wish I'd thought of that.' "

oracle86 wrote: According to Wikipedia-
Author Christopher Priest saw the film three times as of January 5, 2007, and his reaction was " 'Well, holy shit.' I was thinking, 'God, I like that,' and 'Oh, I wish I'd thought of that.' "

Niiice! When the actual author says that... :twothumbsup:

I like both.

And you know you've got a great film on your hands when the author thinks your adaptation is better than the actual book. :twothumbsup: