My brief thoughts on this film

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.
rbevanx wrote:Tali you are an idiot. I have provided you clear evidence you are wrong and you have the cheek to say I'm wrong still.

You are a total muppet mate and that was uncalled for on the user natalie.

u provided the evidence? no, u provided the definition of non-linear which proves my point. everything in the prestige happens in chronological order

Talli, no one seems to understand your answer. Can you explain why the movie is chronologic or lineair?
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

talli wrote:
natalie wrote:
talli wrote:
no i mean linear
I had a degree in filmaking and believe me...The Prestige is a NON-LINEAR film.

that means zero to me...you are wrong
Ok, believe what you want to believe. It's ok. But you are still wrong.
I spent six years in film school, so I think I know what I linear movie is.
And The Prestige isn't one of them. So like Following, Memento and Batman Begins. All by Christopher Nolan.
But this is a free world...believe what you want.

Erik wrote:Talli, no one seems to understand your answer. Can you explain why the movie is chronologic or lineair?

how do you explain how something is chronological other than pointing out the fact that all the events in the movie happen in chronological order....nothing is presented out of order.

memento is not chronological so that makes it non linear

But The Prestige is non-lineair. There are flashbacks and flashforwards. We as an audience start right in the middle of the story and then we go back in time to see what happened before. You can say what you want, but that is not chronological. With a movie that is chronological you start at the beginning of a story and go to the end (like Insomnia), but that's not with The Prestige.

No offence, but could you be confusing The Prestige with another movie?
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

talli wrote:
rbevanx wrote:Tali you are an idiot. I have provided you clear evidence you are wrong and you have the cheek to say I'm wrong still.

u provided the evidence? no, u provided the definition of non-linear which proves my point. everything in the prestige happens in chronological order

It says the Prestige as one of the non-linear films for 2000 onwards in there, if you read the thing, you plonker. If you cant read, go on internet explorer, open the wikipedia page, click edit, find on this page, then enter "The Prestige (2006)" and you will find it.

Idiot.

rbevanx wrote:
talli wrote:

It says the Prestige as one of the non-linear films for 2000 onwards in there, if you read the thing, you plonker. If you cant read, go on internet explorer, open the wikipedia page, click edit, find on this page, then enter "The Prestige (2006)" and you will find it.

Idiot.
I think is unnecesary to insult anybody.

I think think I'm starting to remember why I left this forum before. I think it's time to leave for good this time, it's starting to get as bad as the IMDB forums here. I'll just read the news on this site from now on.

This place isn't that bad!

The is one person you can't get along with and now this place is bad? I mean, yes I think Talli is wrong and yes, I think he (Talli, you are an 'he' right?) is very stubborn. But what if Talli means something else then we think he means? In that case we are both right. I don't know what the hell he is talking about, but I am intersted in what he has to say.

By saying that this place is bad, you are insulting everyone on this forum. Thank you for that!

Erik wrote:This place isn't that bad!

The is one person you can't get along with and now this place is bad? I mean, yes I think Talli is wrong and yes, I think he (Talli, you are an 'he' right?) is very stubborn. But what if Talli means something else then we think he means? In that case we are both right. I don't know what the hell he is talking about, but I am intersted in what he has to say.

By saying that this place is bad, you are insulting everyone on this forum. Thank you for that!

i know right

we're so sorry that this place is bad, and that there are people who have different opinions....welcome to the real world, buddy