Similarities I've noticed so far between this and BB...

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.
I've been watching for ten minutes. I've noticed two similarities so far between this and Batman Begins, and I'm sure you guys can point out more.

Christian Bale is in some kind of prison in the beginning of both films, with a very similar color scheme.

In BB, Caine asks Bale how long he'll be staying in Gotham, to which Wayne replies, "As long as it takes." In Prestige, the hotel receptionist asks Angier how long he'll be staying, to which he replies, "As long as it takes."

coincidence and i dont know why are you making this such a big deal...

lionsaulter wrote:coincidence and i dont know why are you making this such a big deal...
Yeah I agree tbh I'm afraid.

Sort of reminds me when some people say it was Nolan's destiny to do Batman, simply because the Bat symbol is in Following and Memento.

I'm not making a big deal, I thought it would be interesting to point out. Is it a coincidence that a majority of Stanley Kubrik films feature a shot of a long hallway or that distinctive stare his characters do?

I'm not saying that he necessarily did it on purpose, but it is the same director, and he made these movies in the same time span.

I just thought it was intersting :(

The Bat symbols can be found in Following and Memento?
:batface:

sanford wrote:The Bat symbols can be found in Following and Memento?
:batface:

aye :lol:

Following (By me btw lol)

Memento

JimmyFraska wrote:I'm not making a big deal, I thought it would be interesting to point out. Is it a coincidence that a majority of Stanley Kubrik films feature a shot of a long hallway or that distinctive stare his characters do?

I'm not saying that he necessarily did it on purpose, but it is the same director, and he made these movies in the same time span.

I just thought it was intersting :(
The hallway thing is a cinematic trick. A long, empty space can be used to interpret certain emotions. As for the stare, well, that's just acting. :mrgreen: