the only thing that doesn´t make it a perfect movie

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.
lionsaulter wrote:i dont know if this was already posted but the only thing that bothers me in this movie is that when angier needs a double he finds it in the same town exactly like him, that is a huge coincidence, its lucky enough to find someone that looks exacly like you in the same country, this is the only that makes it an imperfect movie do you share the same opinion?
You are talking about a movie in which there is a machine which makes something impossible.

Mr.Hmmm wrote:
lionsaulter wrote:i dont know if this was already posted but the only thing that bothers me in this movie is that when angier needs a double he finds it in the same town exactly like him, that is a huge coincidence, its lucky enough to find someone that looks exacly like you in the same country, this is the only that makes it an imperfect movie do you share the same opinion?
You are talking about a movie in which there is a machine which makes something impossible.
That's completely irrelevant. God, I hate it when people argue like this. All movies, no matter how bizarre they are, have to follow the rules of the world they created. A little sci-fi doesn't affect huge, non-sci-fi-related coincidences.

WilliamABW wrote: That's completely irrelevant. God, I hate it when people argue like this. All movies, no matter how bizarre they are, have to follow the rules of the world they created. A little sci-fi doesn't affect huge, non-sci-fi-related coincidences.
Finding someone who looks like you in a heavily populated area is not some huge coincidence. It's a minor coincidence at best. I didn't realize coincidences never happen in real life. :oldmanface:
And Root didn't look exactly like Angier, as I already stated, although maybe you didn't read my previous post. Borden could easily tell that Root was a double.

God, I hate when people bring up points and then ignore responses that address those points.