the only thing that doesn´t make it a perfect movie

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.
i dont know if this was already posted but the only thing that bothers me in this movie is that when angier needs a double he finds it in the same town exactly like him, that is a huge coincidence, its lucky enough to find someone that looks exacly like you in the same country, this is the only that makes it an imperfect movie do you share the same opinion?

hmm, that actually hadn't crossed my mind before. but i'm willing to let it slide since it's such a well made film and those are quite rare these days. ;) lol

you're right its a great movie and its just a minor "failure" but still...

Not to mention that everybody considers Angier's Real Transported Man a masterpiece when all he needs is a double. Showman stuff aside, his trick was no more spectacular than Borden's Transported Man trick.

boren used a double too...

lionsaulter wrote:boren used a double too...
An identical twin, not some guy he found at a pub.

yes i know i said that just to make things clear with WilliamABW

lionsaulter wrote:i dont know if this was already posted but the only thing that bothers me in this movie is that when angier needs a double he finds it in the same town exactly like him, that is a huge coincidence, its lucky enough to find someone that looks exacly like you in the same country, this is the only that makes it an imperfect movie do you share the same opinion?
If you have a problem with Angier finding a double in the same city, I just wonder how you feel about the machine that creates clones.

Root isn't exactly like Angier. His teeth and ears are different, and he weighs more than him. He doesn't fool Borden. That's a silly thing to be bothered by.

And Angier's transported man trick was much more spectacular than Borden's. Tesla's machine by itself drew gasps from the audience. He appears 50 yards away atop the balcony, while Borden only moved from one side of the stage to the other. Angier was a much better showman, and could sell the trick much better than Borden could.

lionsaulter wrote:boren used a double too...
Yeah, but remember how Borden's trick received some applause, while Angier's Real Transported Man, even though it easily could have been done the same way, received tremendous applause, awe, and disbelief, and this, mainly, was only after he went through the Tesla machine. "But where's the prestige?" "Real magic!!"