The Prestige's Cinematography

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.
I'm guessing its the helicopter shots in Colorado; The one following the train, and the push up to the hotel on the cliff.

TeddyBlass wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 8:06 pm
I'm guessing its the helicopter shots in Colorado; The one following the train, and the push up to the hotel on the cliff.
nope they are VistaVision shots

i can't think of anymore outdoors shots from the prestige and i don't think chris would've used imax for indoors shots

it was pretty good!

the imax shot was indoor along with several VistaVision shots now i can't say more about it

it was a plate for a vfx shot i dono who this guy is or why he thinks he has confidential information

It was
the scene where Borden gets his finger cut off by his twin. They shot it in IMAX on a tripod then added shake in post to make it look handheld.

Pfister only shot handheld IMAX once: The quick shot of the SWAT team in the elevator in TDK.

Also, there were some aerial IMAX shots in The Prestige which were not meant to be shot on IMAX and Chris "went ballistic" when he found out. This is according to an interview Pfister did around the time of TDK

The_Maestro wrote:
November 6th, 2019, 4:16 pm
It was
the scene where Borden gets his finger cut off by his twin. They shot it in IMAX on a tripod then added shake in post to make it look handheld.

Pfister only shot handheld IMAX once: The quick shot of the SWAT team in the elevator in TDK.

Also, there were some aerial IMAX shots in The Prestige which were not meant to be shot on IMAX and Chris "went ballistic" when he found out. This is according to an interview Pfister did around the time of TDK
indeed it was that shot but the aerials were all VistaVision the aerial plate you're talking about was for Batman Begins