Was there ever a David Bowie interview about this film?

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.
Yeah, ever since I watched Prestige, I was very impressed with David Bowie's performance in this film. I also read a few backstories about Bowie and the Prestige (e.g. Jackman telling Bowie he sold his own ticket for a premium back when he was a kid, and Bowie initially saying no to the role). Never, ever have I seen anything about Bowie relating his own personal experience about the film. I was slightly peeved with the DVD when the Tesla special feature included not a single Q&A with David Bowie, so I'm wondering if any of you ever found one.

Since The Hunger I watch every db movie. The reason I think there is no extras on the dvd or interviews, as Nolan said, the movie should speak for itself...

But anyone who finds any, poste for us, please!

I have searched everywhere, couldn't find anything. Althogh, I am fairly certain he talks about the film in the special features of the DVD though it is breif.

If he made any remarks, I'd like to know. I've always wanted to know what he thought of the role and what convinced him to take it up. Hard to find any sort of information regarding that...

niniendowarrior wrote:If he made any remarks, I'd like to know. I've always wanted to know what he thought of the role and what convinced him to take it up. Hard to find any sort of information regarding that...
If I am not remembering incorrectly, I saw an interview with Nolan where he talked about casting David Bowie. He said that when they first approached him (Nolan is a hugh Bowie fan) he did not want to do the project. But Nolan conveyed to him that the only person in his mind to play Tesla was Bowie and if he didn't do it they would be out of luck and have a tough time making the film. I guess his passion for the project ultimately swayed his decision.

apw
Did he go the premiere? I don't think he did.

"If I am not remembering incorrectly, I saw an interview with Nolan where he talked about casting David Bowie. He said that when they first approached him (Nolan is a hugh Bowie fan) he did not want to do the project. But Nolan conveyed to him that the only person in his mind to play Tesla was Bowie and if he didn't do it they would be out of luck and have a tough time making the film. I guess his passion for the project ultimately swayed his decision."

I remember him saying that as well, but I don't think Bowie did any press junket interviews for the film. If he did I would love to see it.

He was good there, convincing, he probably was paid well too

I remember reading somewhere that Bowie was unhappy with his performance in the film, apparently saying that his accent made him sound like Inspector Clouseau.

I wonder if this is the reason he didn't take part in the film's promotion. Or maybe a stipulation of him starring in The Prestige was that he wasn't obliged to do promotional work. He's a busy man after all!

Houdini's Brother wrote:I remember reading somewhere that Bowie was unhappy with his performance in the film, apparently saying that his accent made him sound like Inspector Clouseau.

I wonder if this is the reason he didn't take part in the film's promotion. Or maybe a stipulation of him starring in The Prestige was that he wasn't obliged to do promotional work. He's a busy man after all!
that's very interesting, you remember the source?