Do you side with one of the characters?

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.
I thought that Angier took Borden's kid cos his rivalry was with Borden alone. He had always considered Borden the murderer of his wife and he just wanted Borden to suffer the consequences of his crime. I felt he took the girl under his care because he didn't want her to be an orphan. Maybe i'm wrong. I guess i'll need to watch it again..

I sided with Nikola Tesla.

i agree with kanjisheik, Angier always had my side, even at the end because though he went extreme, he was mainly someone who just lost it at the end. He was giving this his all and was torn at the end. For all we know, he could have took in the girl and helped her.

I was on Angier's side up untill he said "I don't care about my wife. I care about his secret." Or something to that effect. I went neutral on the characters at that point. Then when I realised he was killing clones over and over again as well as framing Borden for murder I started to sympaphise with Borden.

kanjisheik wrote:I thought that Angier took Borden's kid cos his rivalry was with Borden alone. He had always considered Borden the murderer of his wife and he just wanted Borden to suffer the consequences of his crime. I felt he took the girl under his care because he didn't want her to be an orphan. Maybe i'm wrong. I guess i'll need to watch it again..
yeah he wanted to hurt Borden ( maybe kill) but he had drive and reason to.
Bordens daughter and Cutter where just people he new and wanted to stay out as far as possible of their feud

OVERMAN wrote:I sided with Nikola Tesla.
Good answer. :lol:

I actually sided most with Borden, though. As some have already mentioned, the coldness of Angier made me lean more towards Borden.

Bruce Wayne pwns Logan. I chose Borden.

I felt for Fallon the most... "Good" Borden if you will...

after all... Fallon was the one with Sarah... and it was his daughter.
Borden was the obsessed one... and the one in competition with Angier... and Angier was with him.
Fallon lived most of his life in shadow... all because of his Brothers bright idea for a magic trick. That's why i like the ending so much... Borden and Angier are both dead... and their obsessions died with them... and Fallon was left to live the life with his daughter....

I felt for Angier until he decided to get his hands dirty... and let his own obsessions take over. And for Angier to try and pull that at the end with Fallon's daughter?... sorry man... i don't like you anymore Angier...

At first I was on Angier's side because of his dead wife but as the movie went on and both got more obsessed with finding out each other secrets, I was like "screw it, I'm on Cutter's side"

Team Borden!!!