Do you side with one of the characters?

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.
^ "Fallon" is the brother that lived... and it was his daughter. the end of the movie was also foreshadowed in the beginning of the film as well... When Cutter was speaking of the three stages to a trick... he was doing the bird in a cage trick for "Fallon's" daughter... and as he showed the bird to her, the voice over was saying.. "you got to bring it back".... meaning the "Prestige"...

so ... all is right in the end... the two magicians with a grudge, that both committed murder... are dead..
"Fallon".. who in my book was the engineer for "Borden".. and also had no real problem with Angier... got to raise his daughter.. with Cutter's help of course..

freighttrain wrote:^ "Fallon" is the brother that lived... and it was his daughter
or his niece?
Come on... Mrs. Borden enjoyed two Christian Bales :lol: :lol: :lol:
gib sigs

bruce_angier wrote:
freighttrain wrote:^ "Fallon" is the brother that lived... and it was his daughter
or his niece?
Come on... Mrs. Borden enjoyed two Christian Bales :lol: :lol: :lol:
I doubt the one who wasn't "married" to her actually ever had sex with her.

He said they took turns. :batface:
gib sigs

freighttrain wrote:^ "Fallon" is the brother that lived... and it was his daughter. the end of the movie was also foreshadowed in the beginning of the film as well... When Cutter was speaking of the three stages to a trick... he was doing the bird in a cage trick for "Fallon's" daughter... and as he showed the bird to her, the voice over was saying.. "you got to bring it back".... meaning the "Prestige"...

so ... all is right in the end... the two magicians with a grudge, that both committed murder... are dead..
"Fallon".. who in my book was the engineer for "Borden".. and also had no real problem with Angier... got to raise his daughter.. with Cutter's help of course..
Then why did the imprisoned one (Borden) get so many scenes where we could clearly see how important that girl was to him.

Yes, the Prestige was about bringing the Bird (in this case Fallon AS Borden) back, but the tragic thing in that scene was that it wasn't the girl's real father, but her uncle. The bird-cage-trick was an analogy between what really happened in the movie. You kill a bird. Then you show his brother. Same happened in the end. 1 brother dies and the other one shows up.

Perhaps Borden felt a little guilty for having the girl have to think that her Father was locked up?... or that her Father actually did something wrong?... which is mostly the things that Borden did. But to the eyes of the little girl, it seems like her father did all of the bad things...

Have you read the book?... a bit different for sure, but the characters a bit more fleshed out... a little more informative as to who is who as well....

"I" and "Myself"... in the mortuary in the movie... a little nod to the book as well....

freighttrain wrote:Perhaps Borden felt a little guilty for having the girl have to think that her Father was locked up?... or that her Father actually did something wrong?... which is mostly the things that Borden did. But to the eyes of the little girl, it seems like her father did all of the bad things...

Have you read the book?... a bit different for sure, but the characters a bit more fleshed out... a little more informative as to who is who as well....

"I" and "Myself"... in the mortuary in the movie... a little nod to the book as well....
Yes but Fallon being the father acts towards the logic of the analogy and almost does away with the drama of the prestige of him coming back.

Fallon has a daughter = sad that he lost his brother but the girl didn't lose her real father.
Borden has a daughter = sad that he lost his brother and that the girl lost her real father.

bruce_angier wrote:He said they took turns. :batface:
He said they took turns playing the alternate parts in 'The Transported Man'.

Regarding Sarah and Olivia he said, "We each loved one of them. We each had half a full life. Enough for us but not for them."

On the days that she knew Borden loved her I'm guessing Sarah got some. On the days when she knew he didn't I guess she didn't.

Anne Elk (Miss) wrote:
bruce_angier wrote:He said they took turns. :batface:
He said they took turns playing the alternate parts in 'The Transported Man'.

Regarding Sarah and Olivia he said, "We each loved one of them. We each had half a full life. Enough for us but not for them."

On the days that she knew Borden loved her I'm guessing Sarah got some. On the days when she knew he didn't I guess she didn't.
I think he was making a sex-joke with those words.

prince0gotham wrote:I think he was making a sex-joke with those words.
Oh. Bugger. No, not bugger - damn.

Well, at least you know which character(s) I side with.