Do you side with one of the characters?

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.
JFKES wrote:I sided with Bale's character. But I liked Jackman's as well. I didn't care (in one sense) what happened to each of them, I just was interested in seing what was going to happen next.
Yeah Bale seemed like the victim because he wasntorn apart from hos daughter and put in prison and was hung. Jackman seemed like he was only trying to get revenge and the secret.
Brave New World

I always side with Christian Bale. Even in American Psycho. He's just too brilliant to not side with. :batface:

This movie is brilliant because I started off on Jackman's side and then gradually, over time went over to Bale's.
Do you... like pineapple?

Borden, really, because of the daughter. Each had their offputting traits, however..

Personally, my identification with either side kept fluctuating throughout the film. I could identify with Borden, because he had family, his wife committed suicide, he had identity crisis and (maybe - depending if it was him) was wrongly accused of murdering (depending if it was him) Angier. But then I could identify with Angier as well, because his wife was killed by Borden, his career was almost ruined (this was before I just identified with Borden again) and he was continually being picked on.

Maybe looking at the evidence again, I think I mostly identified with Borden. But I didn't always identify with him, because they both had their own cases.

I side with Alfred - but then, as someone noted above, I always side with Christian Bale, no matter what the movie. I remember seeing "Little Women" back in the day and thought Winona Ryder chose the wrong guy (Gabriel Whats-his-name) over Bale.

I sided with Bale.

I side with
the Bordon that loves Sarah.

Bale, absolutely.
He was smarter than Angier, and his "better" part ;) was a better human. Angier lost his humanity to achieve prestige.

Borden.

Cause Angier crossed a line when he brought Borden's daughter into it and I just lost all sympathy towards him when he did that.