[SPOILERS] Are you watching closely?

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.
darkest_knight wrote:I still want to know how light bulbs sticking out of the snow can light up.
I thought you had a master's degree.

steveportee wrote:
darkest_knight wrote:I still want to know how light bulbs sticking out of the snow can light up.
I thought you had a master's degree.
:lol:

That is still a Tesla mystery. Tesla talked about wireless POWER and connectivity over 100 years ago! No wonder he was ostracized from the big science clique.

tykjen wrote:
That is still a Tesla mystery. Tesla talked about wireless POWER and connectivity over 100 years ago! No wonder he was ostracized from the big science clique.
Tesla was reincarnated into Chris Nolan I believe.

My second fav Nolan film.

cclem wrote:Tesla was reincarnated into Chris Nolan I believe.

In my letter to Nolan in the wake of Inception I named him the Tesla of film making. Thanks for reaffirming my belief.

tykjen wrote:
cclem wrote:Tesla was reincarnated into Chris Nolan I believe.

In my letter to Nolan in the wake of Inception I named him the Tesla of film making. Thanks for reaffirming my belief.
PROPS! :clap:

Erik wrote:WARNING: This topic will pretty much contain all spoilers about the ending of The Prestige. If you haven't seen the movie, I would advise you to stop reading here.

I just watched The Prestige again, for the first time in like 12 months (which is very long for a movie I like so much!)
Now, the last words that where spoken are these:

Cutter: Now you're looking for the secret. But you won’t find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

I can't get this off my mind. To me, in the ending, everything is explained. Borden has a twin brother, they both take turns and pretend to be Fallon one at a time, that's his trick on the Transported Man. Algiers uses something different. A machine that hasn't even a name. It's not a transporting device, it's a duplicator. It places a copy of something or someone, on a specific place. Every question raised in the movie, is answered.

Yet still Cutter tries to convince us something we haven't seen.
Is there something in this movie we didn't see. Something that wasn't shown or more likely: was shown, but we didn't see? Is there like a second twist-ending?
Too many pages here, but I like to start simply with the disappearing bird trick.
You want to be fooled. You don't want to know the secret.
Behind Cutter and the little girl are a lot of identical birds.
If one wasn't killed during the trick, he wouldn't need so many.
It's awful when you find out like Sarah's nephew.
It's no longer magic, but butchery.
Foreshadowing of course, but also showing Borden's trick was no trick at all. (which many of us saw)

Not sure if this has been covered so far, but did anyone notice the swastika looking button/pin on Borden's badge at the end of the film? Not presuming there's any hidden agenda or anything, but it was just interesting to notice.

Either that or just a bad shot of a normal button/pin.

VikB wrote:Not sure if this has been covered so far, but did anyone notice the swastika looking button/pin on Borden's badge at the end of the film? Not presuming there's any hidden agenda or anything, but it was just interesting to notice.

Either that or just a bad shot of a normal button/pin.
*shrug* Could have been just a bad shot.

I'm trying to get my (14y/o) brother to watch this film. In fact, I've been recommending it to practically everyone, whether drunk or sober. "Have you seen The Prestige? You should watch it. YOU SHOULD." etc. :lol: