Nolan's Best Film?

The 2006 film about rival magicians desperately trying to learn the secrets of each others tricks.
SEE TITLE.

I just had to get that off my chest, seen it about 42 times ;) lend it to ppl all the time and then they say its the best movie theyve ever seen. I do (or used to do) alot of magic and thats why it struck me. Also the complexity of it, so deep and complex. And how the movies three parts are set out like the pledge, the turn, and the prestige as said at the beginning.

Just dont think it could have been any better, I dont think it was that successfull at the box office though. But after seeing the trailer i can see why. Im kinda glad that hardly anyones seen it though. Makes it even more magical and decieving for me :)

It was successful, and in fact was number one at the box office opening weekend here in the States...

It's not the best film ever for me, but definitely my favorite Nolan movie. It's a shame not many people know about how genius The Prestige really is.

sorry Syncopy54 ! just thinking out load! didnt earn that much money.

this is my favourite Nolan movie. It just feels the most "complete".

and imo has the strongest story of all his films.

This is how I'd rather put it:

It was the BEST TRICK I've EVER SEEN!
:lol:

My manager and I were talking about this movie once and he said the Illusionist is way better (I've never seen it) but by that argument the Prestige is crap. I almost lost it, and had feelings of punching him in the face. Just because you like one movie over the other, doesn't mean that movie is crap. He aslo didn't like Batman Begins because it spent too much time doing the "ninja crap" in the beginning and he lost interest when Bruce Wayne used the hotel fountain as a pool. Some people are just retarded. Anyways, back on topic, I love The Prestige. It's one of the most underrated movies out there.

HE THOUGHT THE ILLUSIONIST WAS BETTER?! you should have punched him in the face! what an idiot, obviously has no taste in movies. the illusionist was a rip off the prestige, just one example, the red rubber ball!

about the ';ninja crap' what? thats how he becomes batman. its an origin story! and they barely spent any time on it!

damn im gonna lose it!

whats really ironic is the prestige and the illusionist came out at the same time. Two period films about rival magicians, which is exactly what was happening with the films. Unfortunately i think the illusionist made more money.

James wrote:HE THOUGHT THE ILLUSIONIST WAS BETTER?! you should have punched him in the face! what an idiot, obviously has no taste in movies. the illusionist was a rip off the prestige, just one example, the red rubber ball!

about the ';ninja crap' what? thats how he becomes batman. its an origin story! and they barely spent any time on it!

damn im gonna lose it!

They came out around the same time (The Illusionist actually a few months earlier), so neither ripped the other off.